PDA

View Full Version : Instructive thoughts

Stars
10-08-10, 15:32
Hello, i keep getting really bad instructive thoughts in my head and just get one word in my head all the time and it really upsets me i dont know what to do i always feel better if i say it but i try and stop myself to but it makes me really anx and im getting twichy. ive had this for a while but its getting worse and i keep thinking someone is out to get me all the time i dont know what to do, i try to tell myself i will be ok but it never works :weep: i dont know what to do

apologies x x

Maj
10-08-10, 16:15
If you feel as though it's getting worse then why don't you mention it to your doctor who I'm sure can help. Battling on alone will probably just make you feel more stressed and worried. :hugs:

Stars
10-08-10, 17:05
hi Maj thanks for replying x x

i dont really speak to my doctor too much but i got a personal adviser councillor person and hopefully i will be able to talk to them thursday but i am getting stressed out more lately but i have been taking my meds more x x

hope your ok x

Emphyrio
10-08-10, 23:32
Trying not to think about things generally has the opposite effect - if I told you not to try and not think of an elephant you would think of one! If possible try and do something, like chat to friends/go for a walk if possible, just to keep your mind from things. Hope things go well with the councillor.

jester
11-08-10, 18:22
Hello, i keep getting really bad instructive thoughts in my head and just get one word in my head all the time and it really upsets me i dont know what to do i always feel better if i say it but i try and stop myself to but it makes me really anx and im getting twichy. ive had this for a while but its getting worse and i keep thinking someone is out to get me all the time i dont know what to do, i try to tell myself i will be ok but it never works :weep: i dont know what to do

apologies x x

hi, i have exactly the same problem but my intrusive thought is about peodphiles , its making me so ill just the thought of the topic, i no in my self that it couldnt be any further from the truth but with such a topic stuck in your head you tend to analyse every area of it then start to ask your self the stupist of questions. it the very worse of things because once it sets in you cant think of nothing else. but you no in your self that its not true what tour thinking but you cant help but think it. i have become that anxious and depressed over this its unreal. i keep telling my self im 26 why am i suffering from this? but i have went to see the doc and he has started me on 50mg of sertraline apparently its really good with anxiety and depression so fingers crossed but thats just half the battle the other half is doing it your self which is hard when your so low.

Good luck

Maj
11-08-10, 18:41
I found sertraline wonderful for intrusive thoughts, but you also have to accept that these thoughts are caused by anxiety and not to make them important. Don't panic or try to analyse the thoughts when they happen. Let them wash over you and let them not matter. When they don't matter then eventually they will go. As Claire Weekes says "thoughts can be grotesque when one is anxious, and we are determined to follow them through to find out their worst!! Never forget that they are only thoughts and can't really harm you".:hugs:

jester
11-08-10, 18:52
I found sertraline wonderful for intrusive thoughts, but you also have to accept that these thoughts are caused by anxiety and not to make them important. Don't panic or try to analyse the thoughts when they happen. Let them wash over you and let them not matter. When they don't matter then eventually they will go. As Claire Weekes says "thoughts can be grotesque when one is anxious, and we are determined to follow them through to find out their worst!! Never forget that they are only thoughts and can't really harm you".:hugs:

yeh ive just started taking them this week and i feel sick and feel a little worse but i no there going to be a help in the long run. its really hard to have these horrible thoughts and know in your self they are not true and you sit a stew over them and it makes it 100 times worse. but after reading im not alone with this it kinda helps knowing im not going insane. like my councillor said if you were mentally ill or this person you wouldnt realise you had a problem

Thanx for the advice