PDA

View Full Version : Heart Rate

Natalie x
10-08-10, 16:03
What is everyones heart rate per minute? I just took mines and it was 95! Is this normal? Also, my heart started speeding up when I took it :shrug: Thanks x

Maj
10-08-10, 16:19
Just thinking about your heart rate can speed it up, especially if you're anxious!! Try your hardest not to take your pulse because you'll only wind yourself up - we've all done it!! When you are less anxious then your heart will slow down again. :hugs:

PokerFace
10-08-10, 16:20
Yep very normal. Mine usually sits around 84bpm resting but can be anything up to 120bpm! xx

anxiousmumof4
10-08-10, 16:27
ah the old heart rate symptom. I used to have to keep my finger on my neck to reassure myself. Anything up to 120ish is normal. Mine tends to sit around 90 I think and speeds up to 100ish when panicky. Try not to worry. It would have to get very very very high indeed to be anything to worry about.

Natalie x
10-08-10, 16:37
Thanks for your replies. It's good to know that I'm not alone. I have had the hiccups this afternoon, and I know this may sound silly, but I keep having a feeling as though it's takinmg my breath away and immediately after it I'm checking my pulse! I also sometimes feel like I'm floating and think there is something wrong with my heart! Has anyone else ever had this? :scared15: :unsure: Thanks x

anxiousmumof4
10-08-10, 17:17
I think when we are anxious, we tend to breathe quicker which elevates the pulse slightly and causes the light headed feeling, along with the adrenalin from the fear. It sounds like anxiety to me.

I have gotton over health anxiety once though I am only starting to realise now, that is what it is and it was my granny that helped me the most. She said...stop checking. Whats the worst that can happen? You die? Well at least you wont have to live a life of worry anymore.

She was quite right, if I didnt check, I would struggle but eventually calm down. Over time, things got much better.

joans60
10-08-10, 17:46
I am the same my resting pulse is about between 64 and 68
I do check mine as well when I get anxious and start to sweat because I have got a fear of my heart .
Then I go into one vicious circle.

Joanx

cornishmaid
15-11-10, 11:30
my resting pulse is usually about 60 to 65,it goes to 58 at times and i stress,i told my doc she said its fine as i had no other symptoms......yet am sire my mind will concoct some at some point lol,plus i have had 4 egcs (due to anxiety making me freak out) an echo test and numerous blood tests done this yearand seen cardiologist,he also said 60 bpm is fine,i also cut out all caffeine few months back.

Ella_Jayne
15-11-10, 13:24
Just checked mine it's at 76... I swear it was a bit irregular though. When anxious it can shoot right up. It was at 168 when I was having a panic attack once. You're okay. x