PDA

View Full Version : total relapse!

randomworry
10-08-10, 16:39
Never in my life did i think life would be so hard and especially through mental illness when i was growing up as a kid i literally did not stop smiling.

I think health fears have always been my biggest weakness though because whenever i failed a test, had relationship disputes any of those day to day problems i would always be grinning and had the thought at the back of my mind 'im healthy anyway thats the most important thing' i guess i have always placed an excessive importance on health.

dont get me wrong it is important but i think i see it as the be all and end all without perfect health, with the possibility of bad health life becomes a total wreck. i think i always placed tooooooooo much importance on it.

and now i have ended up a hypochondriac with my ocd and lack of self control to check making matters worse even when i know it may cause more problems i still check like a drug addict needing cocaine even though this might be the time it causes a massive heart attack.

health anxiety is a sick addiction and it has taken everything from me including friends that i dont keep in touch with because of my depressive state.

people on the street may loo at me and think oooh what a handsome young man im sure they do but they dont know the torment i go through daily and my obsessions, compulsions and fears that rule my life!

apparently between 1 and 3 per cent of the population has this problem anyway so im sure ive walked passed people who are in the same frame of mind but battle the fears daily.

i need some kind of plan i need some kind of relief im going to have to speak to my endocrinologist about my fears, check or not i honestly swear it will be my last obsessive check because i cant be eaten alive by my own mind anymore.:scared15:

then i must promise myself to stick to whatever my new therapist says no matter how hard no matter if i will die because of it because the risk of missing an illness is clearly a risk worth taking when you have hit the low i have today.

over and out folks:shades:

randomworry
10-08-10, 18:54
i believe the symptoms i notice and freak out about the lumpy neck thing is due to my multinodular goitre so im going to ask my endocrinologist in september

linusthelimpet
13-08-15, 21:32
I also have multinodular goitre and was scheduled for surgery but my GP said I was not mentally fit enough to have the op. Now 14 years later the goitre is still there and I am having problems with food getting stuck in my throat and also some voice changes which I was also having back then.My GP is sending me for another ultrasound but he believes the swallowing and voice thing are my hypochondria. Meanwhile I am obsessing about it, I know there is something wrong.

Princess23
13-08-15, 21:47
I know exactly where you are coming from on all angles, very lonely miserable place.. And it doesn't matter how many times I say make the most of every day live life to the full, this anxiety has just swamped me and I am so struggling to even get a hold of it, I have become my own worse enemy :weep:

Fishmanpa
13-08-15, 22:09
This thread is 5 years old. The original poster hasn't been here in as many years. Hopefully, with the help of the therapy he mentioned, he defeated his dragon and is living large and happy!

Positive thoughts