PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hello

MrsMe
10-08-10, 19:46
Hi everyone

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I'm 'MrsMe' and am in my late 20's and have been suffering from lots of problems since childhood including OCD, emetophobia, anxiety and panic, depression, self harm, anorexia nervosa.

I was doing really well and coping a LOT better and made a lot of progress but since having a baby at the end of last year some of my issues have come back with a vengance, mainly my emetophobia and anxiety.

It has kind of come to a head recenetly and I am desperate to sort it all out for our baby. The last thing I want is her picking up any of my 'issues'. She is my motivation to get this all sorted out before it gets out of control again. I worked so hard to get better before we made the decision to have a family and feel angry that this is happening now, especially as we went through a lot to have our beautiful daughter.

Last week I went back on antidepressants after my GP said she thinks I have some post natal depression (but I'm not so sure - I think it might just be past stuff) but I had a horrible reaction to it and had to stop on Sunday. I've been on many AD's before but right now the options are limited as I'm still breast feeding.

Anyway, sorry for waffling on there! I hope to find much support and advice here and be able to offer some in return :)

MrsMe.

nomorepanic
10-08-10, 19:47
Hi MrsMe

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
10-08-10, 20:08
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

JT69
10-08-10, 21:04
Hi Mrsme,

Welcome to NMP. I found this site by accident searching for info on my meds. I dont know what I would of done without it. The help and support I have received whilst suffering with anxiety and depression has been second to none!! I am now in a much better place and stay on here to try and help and support others.

I hope that you will find lots of help and advice here and hope that you will feel alot better really soon.

You have a lovely daughter in your life now and lots to look forward to...it is a shame this blooming illness rears its head as it does, you have beaten it before and I know you will again with the right support.

I think alot of issues in our childhood seem to effect us later in life (I think that is alot to do with the problems I too experience) but it can be controlled again with the right treatment and support.

I really wish you all the best, hope you find support here and also hope that you feel alot better really soon.

Take care and never remember you are not alone in this. Post away when you need support.

Jo.xx

MrsMe
11-08-10, 07:05
Thank you all for your warm welcome, and especially to Jo for your encouraging words that were spot on with timing as I'm having an awful morning.

MrsMe

juliej
11-08-10, 07:27
HI there MrsMe,

Welcome :hugs: I'm sure you will find that the wonderful support on here will be what you need to get you back on track. Just be a little patient with yourself you've just had your baby so emotions are all over the place . I think its a very difficult time I remember my panic attacks coming back after I had my first one , the lack of sleep doesnt help either.:winks: Try not to be too hard on yourself

Julie xx