PDA

View Full Version : Increase to 30mg?

Jilly10
10-08-10, 20:49
Hello. It's been 7 months since I started 20 mg of escitaopram. It is working, but I don't feel like I'm quite there yet. I still battle with constant chitter chatter in my head - almost like I am too aware of my thoughts. I have been through 5 months of CBT which was very helpful, but it seems I can't quite get over this last hurdle of clearing my head of a constant 'buzz'. I am doing some research on if upping my does to 30mg would be effective. Has anyone tried this successfully? I have also taken Wellbutrin in the past along with escitalopram and I recall this as one of the best times in my life! Has anyone else taken another medication to augment their treatment? I'm interested in all options so please if you have any suggestions then let me know. I'm desperate!

Kerry B
10-08-10, 23:21
Hi I was on 20mg Escitaopram as my Pschiatrist told me that I was on the highest dose and he could not increase it he added Quetipine as well which I took of an evening. But Escitaopram didnt worked for me I was taking it for 10 months and have switched to Seroxate in June this year which are helping me a lot more.

annitsa
11-08-10, 13:30
Hi Jilly! I am on 30mg of cipralex for two months now. I was on 20mg for six, then on 10 for 6 months and when my anxiety came back I discussed this with my doctor and she adviced me to take 30. I am feeling much better but the but thoughts are still here. And you know why? Because we are causing them. When I am not thinking about it I am just fine. But when I ask myself..am I get over it? I become anxious again. So the meds are for reducing the symptoms, after that needs a lot of talking with ourselves and trying to get through with our anxiety.
If you dont have any side affects you can have the 30 mg but first you have to discuss it with your doctor. Dont rase your dosage by yourself.

ewood79
01-01-11, 05:06
I am feeling much better but the but thoughts are still here. And you know why? Because we are causing them. When I am not thinking about it I am just fine. But when I ask myself..am I get over it? I become anxious again. So the meds are for reducing the symptoms, after that needs a lot of talking with ourselves and trying to get through with our anxiety....

Couldnt of said it better myself.....we are our own worst enemies sometimes!!!!