PDA

View Full Version : not the only one!

laur's
10-08-10, 22:02
hi my names laura im 19 yrs old. i am so made up to find this site and see that im not the only oe suffering with depression and anxitey as thats how iv felt for a long time.i have been depressd and anxious since i was about 13 but instead of asking or help i turned to drugs and tryed to ignore as if it would just go away. i finally went to the doctors about 18 mounths ago as i wanted to stop the canabis as it had just made things worse. the doctor did nnot help me att all he told me to drink hot chocolate as u ccan emagine i came away feeling worse n let down. i went back to see another doctor about 5 weeks ago she pescribed me antidepressants and since i have not touched cannabis and im glad it is out on my life!! my tablets have not yet worked iv bin told to up them twice so just hoping they work. today i went back to the doctor who told me to "drink hot chocolatte" as i was at my lowest cant sleep. i had an appology from him about how he let me down 18 months ago. i just hope he thinnks twice to send anyone away again as to him its a ten min consultation but to me it was a big deal addmitting i had drepression!realy hope i see the light soon i start to like myself again.:) look forward to sharing feelings n having ppl who feel the same to talk to. thankyou for reading x x x

diane07
10-08-10, 22:04
Hi laur's

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
10-08-10, 23:00
I hope that this site helps you as much as it's helped me. All the best. Baggs.

Vanilla Sky
11-08-10, 18:29
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

discostu58
11-08-10, 18:48
Hi Laura welcome to NMP I'm sure you will get the information and help you need from here I certainly have tc chin up x Stu