PDA

View Full Version : Eurostar yesterday

peter34uk
11-08-10, 08:55
I didnt make it :weep:

Got to the station and just started to really panic. I spoke to the people at the ticket office and they told me that the train does stop at Ebbsfleet but i couldn't get off the train if i wanted too because of immigration controls.

So if there was no chance of me getting off should i over-panic then that was it, i wasnt going.

SO all in all a pretty crap day. My wife and her family carried on and enjoyed the day at least.

I was left at home feeling like a right lemon. Ive no idea what I can do about it. Really I dont :emot-crying:

calm
11-08-10, 08:59
oh peter...i am so so so sorry that you didnt make it.

these attacks are so awful.....as you well know....but hopefully it will get better xxxxx

peter...you didnt make it this time....but next time it might be a different story...keep on trying xxxxx love tracey xxxxx

Vixxy
11-08-10, 10:22
Peter you might be feeling low over this. But you tried!! Thats all any of us can do :)

BritTutor
11-08-10, 11:37

gypsywomen
11-08-10, 11:53
its a shame but we cant help how we feel ,i should have flown on sunday but didnt for same reasons

juliej
11-08-10, 12:45
Peter I know you feel awful but well done for trying you still went to the station :yesyes: There is no way I could attempt that at the moment . You still have taken a step towards recovery.

Julie x

blueangel
11-08-10, 13:40
I can sympathise, as although I'm fine with most forms of transport, I can't do flying.

mandie
12-08-10, 00:12
Hi Peter

Sorry to here you didnt do the journey. Keep trying is all you can do. You will get there

love mandie x

gav
12-08-10, 15:46
unlucky Peter I know where you are, I haven't been out of the country in about 6 years, missed a load of great opportunities and moments......you're not alone, but we'll all get there I'm sure. Best of luck

yvon magrait
13-08-10, 14:39
hey, peter, been there for x times and probably will be for many more.
BUT, as others pointed out - you tried. you got to the station. next time, you'll get to the train.
dont diminish your achievements, as i think many of us here do often. try to enjoy your small victories, because no matter how small they are, they are one step toward recovery.
next time try to have with you some comfort things, food, water, book, maybe to try to travel only with your wife first...
things can change, just dont beat yourself too hard and too long over this. step by step. we're all doing it every day. and we're winning, no matter how it looks like sometimes.

take care, x

Anxious_gal
13-08-10, 18:00
I hate when that happens, makes me feel so bad like I let everyone down.
but you can only do what you can do!

Going home
13-08-10, 18:24
Same for me Peter, no way would i get on that train, nor would i go on the tube in london either because i'm extremely claustrophobic so things like this are a nono for me, but I do other things that perhaps other people can't such as flying (albeit that i have to try to book one of the front seats as sitting with the length of the plane in front of me and all the people would freak me out) and I can get on a bus or a train as long as they're not full and I can sit near to the doors just in case I need to get off. I can also walk around a supermarket quite happily, but the minute i'm out of my comfort zone on comes the panic, and I can safely say that being under the flippin channel would be waaaay out of my comfort zone! You're not alone with this, although I realise you feel silly because your family don't have this fear like you do and were able to continue with the journey, but I bet they have their own fears and phobias that you don't have.

Anna xxx

Typer
14-08-10, 15:08
Sorry Peter, but as the others say, you will get there.

Was it feeling trapped on the train? What was your actual thought process and fear if you dont mind me asking?