PDA

View Full Version : worry over bowel 's

wotcanisay
11-08-10, 11:33
hello

since i started a diet, and was not thinking much about this, til today.
when i hear a football player die from it.
my stool are coming out small and not as thick as they use to(sorry know sounds bit sick) and some time's, and some time's feel like i need the toilet but nothing come's but air.

what should i do? is it normal?

Dahlia
11-08-10, 11:39
That's constipation by the sounds of things. Make sure you're eating enough fibre, fruit, wholegrains and drink plenty of water.

wotcanisay
11-08-10, 13:25
yea maybe your right not like am in pain

Dahlia
11-08-10, 13:30
Constipation can cause pain too.

wotcanisay
11-08-10, 20:24
I just can stop worrying it's just one thing after each other

Dahlia
11-08-10, 20:40
Well try not to worry about the constipation. It's very common (just look at all the ads on TV!). Drinking lots of water will help.

wotcanisay
11-08-10, 20:43
thank you dahlia,
just wish my head would stop telling me its the big c

ClownWithLeprosy
11-08-10, 20:54
Yeah I heard about that football player, and I too got worried about it. But really, that guy was extremely unlucky. Bowel cancer very, very, very rarely afflicts anyone under 50/60, though I'm guessing you'll eventually start thinking "But what if I am one of the unlucky ones," and my advice would be to stop thinking that, there a numerous, benign illnesses that can cause for your stool to come out, a little different than usual, and seeing as you know you have an anxiety issue, it most probably is that, or at the worst IBS, which is again, benign.

wotcanisay
11-08-10, 21:14
yes your right clown if just but like it for the last few week's and when i heard that news today started me off
but it been like that since i started a diet

wotcanisay
11-08-10, 22:52
That's what I can't stop thinking, the 'what if'
am 27 so anything like this to happen to me is very slim

Kerry B
11-08-10, 23:02
Hi it sounds like constipation to me I am the same as you at the moment, I have Crohns Diease and normally cannot keep of the loo, but since Ive been so ill with Panic Disorder and GAD I have lost 3 stones as I just cannot eat much so it lead me to be constipation and its worried me but it because I'm not eating much, Ill have to try and force myslef to have some bran for breakfast.

wotcanisay
12-08-10, 10:35
Is it true that constipation can last for weeks?