PDA

View Full Version : when will side effects subside,i dont want to give up x

bexy1970
11-08-10, 13:15
hiya, im on day 5 of cit, ive been taking at about 6 am, so my body gets used to having it early ready for when im back in work in a few weeks,i try and get back off to sleep for a bit but wake up feeling awful,nauseus,anxious,spaced out,tummy probs(all day !!:blush:!!and just want to stay in bed!!i had an ok afternoon yaesterday but feel lousy again this morn,i know people say to take with food, but i havnt much appetite at the mo let alone at 6am!! has anyone pleeezzzee got ne tips or advive to get me through this??? i dont really want to take at night coz of sleep,and i dont want to give up on them coz so many people swear by them and i want my old self back!!!do i take it later with food or what do i do ????? and will these side effects ever go away??? sorry for the long rant i just want some advice from people who have persevered with it and what they did at the beginning becca xxx :shrug:

GlasgowGuy
11-08-10, 13:54
I'm going through the mill with them aswell for last 2 weeks. On third day of an increase from 10mg to 20mg using Diazepam to help.

Some lucky so and so's have little or no side effects.

Only tips I can give are take the meds with/after food. If you can slowly wean yourself off caffeine onto decaf tea/coffee. Try Chamomeille Tea. Cut back on the sugar. Drink plenty of water and chew gum if you get the dry mouth.

Hope this don't come across as patronising I don't mean it to be. Just some general hints/tips to make things a little easier.

bexy1970
11-08-10, 14:00
thank you, im grateful for ne tips, im on 10mgs, just want this morning feeling to go x

keta
11-08-10, 15:29
Hi Bexy

It can take 2 weeks or more for your body to adjust, take the tablet with food for def, after you had breakfast or something it will help the nausea.

take care

steveo1980
11-08-10, 16:20
certainly don't give up. as above, they can take a while to reduce. i had increased anxiety and insomnia for a couple of weeks but eventually they reduced.

i'm now trying to reduce the cit. some good days and some bad but i didn't need them before so don't think i should need them now (as my stressful events have passed...)

bexy1970
11-08-10, 16:22
thank you x

Dragonsblonde
11-08-10, 16:38
I did the same as you to start with and was taking it at 6am so that it would be before I had to get up and go to work. Same problems with the stomach too. I caved in though to everyone's advice on here and pushed the tablet back later in day after I had eaten.

I get to work first eat a breakfast bar and a banana around 8am and then take my tablet around 9am. I now have to stomach problems, or sleep problems and am fine and awake for work all day. I was never a breakfast person, but can now wake at the weekend eat a little something early and then nap again before I take my pill.

It is all about retraining your body to a new routine, do it for long enough and you will have no problems

bexy1970
11-08-10, 17:17
aww thanks for that, ill def start trying that as from tomoz, i think thats where my prob mabe lying, no food, going back to sleep etc makes it all worse when i want to get up xx

Dragonsblonde
11-08-10, 22:07
The biggest thing is to try the new routine and just hang in there, it does get better and in a while you won't even notice any side effects at all and just start to slowly feel better. Trust me when your first good day comes it will all be worth it xx