PDA

View Full Version : What is my issue, some weird form of aggrophobia?/

cyclonebri1
11-08-10, 14:47
Hi,

I'm now in my late 50's but have been "ruled" by the following issues since my teens. It's much less important now, but I need to understand the problem or issue I have been dealing with in my wat for that long.

Total lack of self confidence brought on in my teens by a few medical issues.

This developed into the position that I was ok in 1 to 1 situations of any calibre but had a total fear of any situation where I felt I was in the minority.

Examples;
I worked for the same company for 38 years, rose as I as I could based on ability, of which I had plenty, sorry. But I feared the insecure situation of leaving and starting afresh as the "outsider".

If we went out and where the 1st in the bar fine, but, trying to find a seat in a crowded room is a nightmare.

On holiday we formed a group of friends, 18 or so on a tour of Asia, I went down to the reception, everyone was was there except my wife, I turned around and walked away, the fear of dread was worse than anything i have felt.

Again I am now retired, early, controlled that myself, but I do need to understand if there is a commom reason or theme to my feeling,? Thanks to anyone that can advise,

PS this has no medical or financial issues at all, merely me just trying to reconcile myself. Thanks

Sookie
11-08-10, 15:51
I have been classified this and have a lot of the same issues as you. A buffet in a restaurant? NO WAY I can do that ever! I started smoking just for something to do in a crowd to be doing anything, stay away from crowds as much as possible. Everyday can be a challenge. I actually was at the store one day and it was very crowded and I had to leave my buggy in the middle of the store because I was going into a panic attack over it. I have a hard time at work, I hate my job but fear something new but the customers I have surrounding me all day freak me out, kind of like a catch 22. You are not crazy! You are just you!