PDA

View Full Version : Irritable Bowl Syndrome

Adam22
11-08-10, 16:29
Hi everyone,

I'm new to all of this anxiety thing..:) and was just looking for some experiences.. so i can enhance my knowledge of this cruel illness.

I have suffered with a long duration tension headache ( 3 weeks )

In addition to this i have felt tired and weak through the stress...

One symptom that i havent managed to get my had round.. is the ibs link to anxiety..

I have been having stomach pains on and off.. they can be accompanied with the need to get to the toilet.. the main isnt severe.. but enough to know its there.. sometimes the pain can radiate around the right side (hip area)

just wanted to get an idea of anyone else's experience of this symptom or similar symptom... i have had a blood test which seemed fine .. so im putting it down as i almost match the ibs symptoms..

Any replies would be greatly welcome

:yesyes:
Adz

Adam22
11-08-10, 18:37
Can anyone help? Or relate to this ?

vicky23
11-08-10, 18:51
yeah I get ibs and it's definitley worse when I'm anxious, we feel anxiety in all parts of our body but especially the stomach.
so yes a lot of anxious people getting stomach issues, nausea, pain, urgency to go
if it's not affecting your life too much and these symptoms are most prevailant during times of stress/anxiety then I'd guess it's more than likely just another annoying and painful symptom associated with anxiety!

Adam22
11-08-10, 19:31
Thanksd for the reply .. I knownits prob just a common anx symptom but I'm new to this .. Can anyone else Relate to the issues I'm having

LucyR
11-08-10, 19:40
Hi, I get sore stomach on the left side, going round to my left side back hip area, the pain is quite intense and times and then just seems to be vanished it seems to be caused by lots of wind in the intestines are you aware of this in your case?

Adam22
11-08-10, 19:46
Yeh that's exactly it .. Mostly on right tho .. Some time on left .. Is it towards ur hip or a lot higher ?

LucyR
11-08-10, 19:50
Hi, When I have it it is just between my waist and my abdomen and seems to go round the back radiating from the front abdomen area on the left.

Adam22
12-08-10, 12:05
Is it almost a ring of irritation around the waist ? ..how long can periods of thes pains last for?

Dahlia
12-08-10, 12:17
You could try Rennie Deflatine or Windeze, as it could be trapped wind. I also get pain where you describe. Also, Buscopan is good for spasms, apparently - my friend takes it for his stomach and doesn't get the spasms or the resulting diarrhoea.

suzy-sue
12-08-10, 13:36
I have tried every known pill for this over the years.Buscopan is the only drug that helps ,as mentioned it doesnt cause any side effects either .Avoid taking painkillers for the pain as this will only make you constipated and will make it worse ..and drink plenty of water based drinks .Hope it settles down soon .Sue x

Adam22
12-08-10, 22:49
can anyone else shed some light on these pains..

i seem to be burping alot .. and hiccupping :wacko:

is this typical ibs

Dahlia
12-08-10, 23:43
Yes - pains are common with IBS, as is burping.

Adam22
12-08-10, 23:45
how long ca these last for?

nomorepanic
12-08-10, 23:57
Adam - have you been diagnosed with IBS by the doc?

There is also a website page on the left all about IBS - have you had a read of that?

Adam22
13-08-10, 00:03
no..

but i had some blood tests a few weeks back cause of a dogey stomach and all were fine.
went in today to see the doc and explained the pains and he said .. anxiety related..

its just an irritrating pain.. i can still walk around .. havent been sick or anything... just uncomfortable ,., and i do feel the need to go to the toilet.. lol stools are pretty normal.. lighter colour and sometimes not solid..

nomorepanic
13-08-10, 00:17
Well yes anxiety causes havoc with the bowels.

I was never sick with mine and not much pain but I went to the loo a lot so yes anxiety can cause this.

I can't remember the last time I had a solid bowel movement but then I have Crohn's lol. It is "normal" for me to go up to 10 times a day at my worst and on average 3 times a day and I was told I had IBS as well as Crohn's.

Adam22
13-08-10, 00:29
thats a lot of visits to the toilet :)...

so do you think i can be confident the pains are linked to my anxiety ...

Adam22
13-08-10, 19:50
Hi,

just purchased some buscopan like you advised.. fingers crossed..
really irritating me now..

I aslo have a pain which is under my armpit area.. on left side..

can this aslo be related?
Adz

I just seem to be having all these pains and im freaking out...