PDA

View Full Version : I really hate this :(

Clairalou
11-08-10, 18:00
Hi everyone,

I don't know why I'm posting this probably to stop myself going crazy!
I've recently developed a large abscess and it has made me quite poorly I've had a fever, chills and other flu like symptoms! I was put on a huge dose of 2 antibiotics but these have given me horrible nausea as a side effect!
I just feel so poorly and I keep thinking I'm going to die :( my gp said if my antibiotics haven't cleared the infection by Friday I will have to go into hospital which I don't want to happen.
I'm worrying myself to death so much it's given me a headache.
I just wish it would all go away :(

Love Claire xx

gypsywomen
11-08-10, 18:07
it should be clear by friday ,,i you are on large dose ,, i know its hell when we dont feel well anxiety makes you feel 100 times worse ..get well xxx

BritTutor
11-08-10, 18:07

Clairalou
11-08-10, 18:18
Thanks for your replies!
BritTutor the last bit of your post made me smile. 2 minutes before my partner said the exact same thing to me!
Oh how anxiety makes us irrational I know deep down things will be fine but i still worry myself stupid and when im that wound up i start a consultation with DR GOOGLE!!! Which in turn makes me almost inconsolable!

I'm getting my partner to block google from my iPhone browser!!!

Xxxxx

BritTutor
11-08-10, 18:45

Sit2Know
11-08-10, 19:28
which antibiotics are you on - some are known to cause anxiety

James

Clairalou
11-08-10, 19:56
Hi james,

Im on flucloxacillin 500mg 4 times a day and penicillin 500mg 4 times a day aswel

feeling much better after posting i think sometimes i just need to vent as sitting thinking about it makes it worse!

Claire xxxx

Gazz
11-08-10, 20:40
Hiya Clair WOW that's some serious antibiotics your on there no wonder your feeling off but it's the same old same old with antibiotics you will get worse before you begin to get better.make sure you eat with them and drink plenty of fluids( not booze) lol and don't be worrying your feeling like you do because they are working so stay with the meds calm down and your sorted ok Clair....... Good that's you told lol keep smiling :) your going to be fine. Gazz

Clairalou
11-08-10, 20:54
Thanks gazz,

if im to be honest even small doses of antibiotics can make me feel strange so no wonder i feel so crap taking as much as i am! stupid infected abscess. Im alot calmer than i was thankgod its funny i know im being stupid when i start panicking i just cant stop it!!

Claire xx

SHYGIRLAJB
12-08-10, 00:02
Awww I hope you feel better soon, my friend, sending big hugs to to you ((HUGS))..

Anita. XX:hugs:

Sit2Know
12-08-10, 00:31
Neither one of those AB's are red flagged for anxiety - still any time you activate the immune system the nervous system is upregulated