PDA

View Full Version : How comes a good cry helps?

nikkikl
11-08-10, 21:05
I have spent an awful lot of today is anxiety mode with that stupid scared feeling in my tummy, convinced I am going to die fairly soon, probably of a brain tumour. Today I am dizzy with slight weakness on the left hand side that I suspect, in reality, is a trapped nerve in my neck as I have had that before. The Anxiety Monster has decided it is fatal of course.

So I went to a new gym class that nearly killed me (Body Attack) hoping to stir up the happy hormones. Half way through the anxiety rears up but I managed to ignore it, mainly because the exercises were so hard.

Left the class and cried my eyes out all the way home! Now I feel great.

Whatever that hormones or chemical thing is that makes anxiety go away after a cry needs to be bottled immediately because that cures it and I want more.

:winks:

verity
11-08-10, 22:59
Wow! Yes it certainly works! I had a good cry yesterday nite...just sobbed and sobbed and today I felt much better..

Kerry B
11-08-10, 23:09
I think it releases all of the stress/tension when we have a good cry. You did really well motivating yourself to go to the Gym, certainly with the dizziness, I used to have the dizziness 24/7 for 6 weeks and It ruined my life at least you didnt sit under it like I did.

ClownWithLeprosy
11-08-10, 23:10
I believe that crying (though not as a reflex, like when chopping onions) releases endorphins, which is what makes us feel better after a good sobbing.

Wolfie
11-08-10, 23:10
Crying is good for you! :)

It releases stress relieving hormones which eventually make you feel better - especially after a good ol' cry! :)

nikkikl
11-08-10, 23:51
You'd think they'd have found a way to get those hormones more active or make a pill of them or something. Then we would all be much better :)