PDA

View Full Version : another newbie for you ;)

krissie
24-02-06, 16:14
Hi everyone,

I'm Krissie,I am 23 and I live with my boyfriend Mark, we have been together for just over 3 and a half years and we met in a pub :)

I have suffered from depression/anxiey/anger for about 11-12 years now. I have self harmed and abused alcohol over the years, and I am now on medication and it has helped me more than I ever thought it would!

I am actaully looking for some penpals to write to via snail mail, who maybe suffer from anxiety,depression or who self harm, as although I have a good support network, I still feel like I am alone in this wirld with my depression and my thoughts, my depression has ruled my life for as long as I can remember and it has caused me so many problems, I have lost count. I am on the road to recovery, but find it hard to cope with everyday life sometimes. I am not in work, as I have felt unable and depressed, but I am working on going back to college, studying Psychology and then going to work.

I just thought I would come and introduce myself and say a big hello to you all.

I hope to hear from you soon ;)

hugs,
Krissie [^]

of the things I have lost I miss my mind the most!!!

Piglet
24-02-06, 16:14
A big welcome to the site.:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

clickaway
24-02-06, 16:53
A Big Hello to you too.

You'll find a lot of help and comfort here,

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

trac67
24-02-06, 16:57
Hi Krissie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Alexandra
24-02-06, 17:40
Hi Krissie

Welcome to the forum.

Have only been here myself for a few days & have already had some really good advice given & made lots of lovely new friends as im sure you will do to.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

krissie
24-02-06, 17:46
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the welcomes, I feel right at home now :) it's always nice to be made to feel welcome on a new site!!

I am just finding my way around the site and hoping to make some new friends and maybe get some penpals too :)

take care and hope to see you all soon :)

hugs,
Krissie :):)

of the things I have lost I miss my mind the most!!!

nomorepanic
24-02-06, 19:01
Krissie

Hi there and welcome aboard - lovely to see you here and I hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

Karen
24-02-06, 19:17
Hi Krissie

Welcome to the forum.

I too have experienced depression for some time and have had problems with self-harm. You might find the information in this article (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=selfharm) helpful.

I'm now finally starting to recover and it is hard work but very possible to do.

Hope we are able to offer help and support to you.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

sal
24-02-06, 22:26
Hi Krissie

Welcome to the site hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".