PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks

Meg37
12-08-10, 12:21
Hi
I started having panic attacks about 8 years ago and for a long time I haven't had an actual attack, I tend to just suffer from a general uneasiness and constant state of anxiety which to be honest I have learnt to live with. The past few weeks though I have started having panic attacks again and I am trying my best not to react to them but it feels really hard. I might just be sat at home or driving in the car and all of a sudden I can feel my face getting really hot, if I acknowledge to myself that I feel hot I can feel my head start to swim and I go all floaty and my stomach starts to churn. At the moment I am able to cut it off at this point, I am left feeling a little breathless even though I haven't been hyperventilating and with a weak feeling in my arm and legs and a general feeling of unsteadiness. This sounds silly but because I haven't had a proper panic attack for so long I am now bothered that this might be something else! Can anyone just confirm this is what an attack is like? I do suffer from heart palpitations which I have seen the dr about and he isn't worried at all, and although I don't feel them when these attacks have happened I can't help but feel in the back of my mind that there is something wrong with me.

I think I just need someone who understands the horrible sensations to just acknowledge that this is what it is, my husband is great about all these attacks etc but I would rather not bother him again unless I have to.

I would appreciate any replies, thank you in advance.:D

BritTutor
12-08-10, 12:32