PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy going down stairs

Rennie1989
26-02-04, 21:50
I had a cold not so long ago but ever since that i have been experiencing dizzieness going down stairs. I felt dreadful when it happened for the 1st time coz i thought i was gonna faint and die (well you could if ya fell down stairs that are steep).

What could make me having these?

Jade

sadie
26-02-04, 22:09
Hi Jade,

To be honest I dont think the dizziness you are experiencing when you are coming down the stairs is anything to worry about. I get it too and I think its just your eyes focusing on the stairs and the fast movement of going down them and trying hard not to let you fall. Maybe Meg will offer a better explanation but thats what i put it down too when I experience it.

Hope this helps a little!

sadie

red
27-02-04, 12:13
Hiya Jade

Having a cold can sometimes lead to catarrh building up in a part of the ear as well as the usual sinuses. The ear catarrh, in my experience is usually the last thing to go and because it is in the ear, can affect your balance to varying degrees. It isn't something to worry about and will go eventually. Inhaling Olbas Oil from a handkerchief or from a sprinkling on a tissue / pillow can really help this. As a chronic catarrh sufferer, I swear by it! Watch it doesn't go in your eyes though - it can sting and burn - so keep it to your nose!

Until it clears, just take your time on the stairs! Take care.

Red
x

Rennie1989
27-02-04, 18:56
thanx red. thats probably why, i knew that the ear affects ya balance but i didnt think of it like that, thanx again

PinkLady
28-02-04, 03:01
hi jade,
dizziness is a big time problem for me. I can just try to focus to hard and then get a dizzy feeling. Dizzy feelings is in my top three fears. I get dizzy when I actually am
over happy, stare at somthing or have to focus.
It is everyday for me. I truly think it is anxiety, and take my deep breaths and it disappears.

Good luck,
Trina

Trina

Rennie1989
28-02-04, 17:13
that must be horrible trina, do ya get used to it

jade

benoo5
28-02-04, 19:36
jade,

the slightest tummy upset,can also affect your balance,so even if your not hungry,remember to eat little,and often.

in the meantime,its best to hold onto a rail,or bannister,as you walk down steep stairs.

best wishes..bryan.

Rennie1989
28-02-04, 20:49
cheers dad, i mean, bryan, lol

stimpy
29-02-04, 02:08
I was told that stress can affect your inner ear, and make you off balance.
And as byran says being hungry, and tired can make you off balance too.

If you have another dizzy turn on the stairs, sit down and take yourself down on your bum, rather than risk falling.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

Rennie1989
29-02-04, 10:05
liz, i remember doin that when i was 5, lol. i will try it, but ill have to explain my self to my parents

bryan, ya know ya said eat little things, is it better to eat sugary stuff like chocolate or fruit

jade

Meg
29-02-04, 15:06
Not sugary stuff Jade.

The things to head for include fruit, nuts , brown bread, popcorn, museli cereal .

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Rennie1989
29-02-04, 15:18
okay then meg, i h8 brown bread though but i love fruit, pop corn, nuts and museli, thanx meg

jade

benoo5
29-02-04, 23:11
jade,

i love wholegrain brown bread,its soo good for you....and is good for distraction techniques as well,cos when your spending ten minutes trying to get the seeds,out of your teeth,your not thinking about anything else lol......bryan.

stimpy
02-03-04, 10:32
Let's have a think, what excuses could you give for going downstairs on your bum rather than walking ...

1. It's good to do things differently for a change. I am expressing my individuality!

2. I always wanted to know how a caterpillar gets down the stairs, and I think I figured it out.

3. It's a totally radical way of exercising your legs, with out the stress of body weight - you should try it!

4. I'm practising for a new event at the school sports day, the 100 meter bum-shuffle

5. It's been so icy lately and I was wondering it this may be a safer alternative to walking.

6. I'm going back to my inner child, we teens grow up so fast we forget what it is like to be young.

7. It's a new crazy, everyone is doing it!

8. I'm working on a scientific experiment, which is quicker, walking or shuffling?

9. I was bored so I thought I would think of as many different ways to get down the stairs as I could - I'm going down on my tummy next!

10. It's a teen thing - you wouldn't understand.

or the one I use all time to get me out of sticky situations

"I'm a special person, and special people do things in a special way"

- They should get you out of explaining for awhile!

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

Rennie1989
02-03-04, 19:03
brill excusses, ill have to try a couple, lol

jade

nomorepanic
02-03-04, 20:28
Liz

I love them - lol.

Alex used to do "stair surfing" and his sister broke her wrist following him - lol

He tried again about a year ago (whilst very drunk) and suffered for a few days afterwards - not seen him do it since! Wonder why?

Nicola

Rennie1989
02-03-04, 20:32
OUCH nic

ill stick to going down on my bum

lol

jade