PDA

View Full Version : Relapse and now worried

screddie
12-08-10, 14:51
Hi guys - i haven't been on here in months. I really thought i was moving forward. All has been going well; emotionally and mentally i couldn't be happier. At the moment all is going well!! Until i try and really move forward that is!

I seem to have had a relatively good run with the physical symptoms. I am still on sertraline daily but things haven't been too bad. I try and do exercise and anything strenuous and i am back to square one. Been to the gym this week again and feel awful the next few days: dizzy, head pressure, nauseous, tingling/numb feeling, wobbly etc. It isn't right! I'm a young guy and have very little anxiety or worry UNTIL these symptoms start, not the other way round! I don't want to live life trapped by my own body not being able to do anything beyond 'chilling'. I used to be a picture of health - this is ridiculous.

What can i do??? nothing makes any difference. please help.....

screddie
12-08-10, 20:47
Any thoughts anyone has would be really appreciated. Pretty awful day today and i could do with some reassurance. Any advice anyone has who have been through similar would help a lot......

Thanks all.

danjhay
12-08-10, 21:04
Try and keep your head up. Exercise far outweighs doing nothing. I use to be anxious after exercise feeling lightheaded and dizzy. You need to think of the good that exercise does for your mind and body in the longterm and if you are at all worried about the feelings you are experiencing maybe speak to the doc and let him try to put your mind at rest.

daybyday
12-08-10, 21:08
I wish I didn't have to say welcome back because of a relapse. So instead, :hugs:
You already know everyone here is for you to get better.

screddie
12-08-10, 21:11
Thanks danjhay and daybyday. I really appreciate your responses.

Good to hear others have felt similar following exercise (not good, but you know what i mean....)

As it happens i went to the doc today (not for HA but for travel vaccinations) and spoke to him about his - it wasn't my normal doc. He seemed to think what i was experiencing was odd and i should be getting better if i'm happy. I don't know whether to be encouraged because a doc seemed to be thinking along the same lines as me, or scared that a doctor thinks that something sounds wrong!!!

So sick of this never ending. Two years in and still i am getting doctors wondering what's going on. It is abundantly obvious that no one really knows what this is....

alicegreen
12-08-10, 23:42
hi there, im new so not sure what ha you have had or what tests etc, but assuming you have been given the all clear to exersise i would think maybe you have just developed a fear of the gym/exercise
Im 39 and up until christmas did 3 hours of strenuous exercise daily with no problems.

I have since had ECG'S echo and weel long holter monitor all normal other than some tachycardia, but i have developed an irrational terror of pushing myself further than a dog walk. I have tried to do a class at the gym several times but have always been overcome by feeling dizzy and had to leave. The trouble is that the more you feed anxiety the fatter it grows.
Frustrating!

screddie
13-08-10, 08:36
Thanks alicegreen, this is certainly worth considering. I haven't really got any fear of the gym or anything else for that matter - just am desperate to get back to normal.

Am going back to the docs again..... :weep:

blueangel
13-08-10, 09:03
I've got anxious about exercise over the last few years, as from nowhere I seem to have developed an aversion to getting out of breath, which isn't very helpful. I've no idea what started it, which really irritates me. It's things like going upstairs that I get worried about - I'll look at them from the bottom and know I'm going to get palpitation, therefore I do.

:wacko:

I think, therefore I'm anxious....

screddie
16-08-10, 20:57
I agree, Blueangel! Without a doubt it gets worse when you think 'it up' into a frenzy.