PDA

View Full Version : the Breakthrough???

holly23
12-08-10, 16:56
hi. i just wanted to write in what happened today because im sure its good and wondered if this has happened to anyone else and where i go from here really. lol..
havent been on here in a while but at therapy today i finally broke down.its been building up for some time and anxiety has been bad for about a year.. since i stopped taking recreational drugs. it first started when i began taking them. but was not as bad. anyway..i faced up to it today and realized that my anxiety is down to all this..loss of control, memories of what i did..etc. i believe its all been down to these drugs. i feel so much more positive now ive relived those memories and truly begun to face them..i feel ive unfolded the answer.:) im giving myself today to feel bad then tomorrow i plan to begin dealing with these new thoughts!! i want to start going back to places that id usually panic in because i think fearing panic is creating it in my mind.im hoping anxiety will calm down because i now understand why and where it comes from..this makes it less scary. i guess im just wondering if im on the right track.. i want my life back so badly ..maybe this is it starting.. ?..lol..
xxx

becks xxx
12-08-10, 17:49
Facing up to fear is what ive been doing this past week, and ive realised sooo much in just a week that a total attitude change can make such a big difference!! Good luck, just remember not to expect to much. it didn't take us overnight to get like this, so it wont be overnight we overcome it, take little steps xxx

holly23
13-08-10, 12:24
thank you for your reply. i know what you mean. i been a real mess last 24 hours. i feel like im loosing my mind like everything's peaking and i dont know why. im miserable.lol..
im hoping its cause i finally facing it all. ive had a good cry but i dont feel totally better just yet. i feel like a freak at mo. thinking "whats wrong with me" im usually positive so not sure why i been like this. anyway thanks again. hope everything goes well for you :) xx

emm
13-08-10, 12:30
It's ok to be fragile sometimes hun, and sometimes working through things makes you feel that way. It does in my experience. Good for you, take one day at a time. X

becks xxx
13-08-10, 12:33
Yeah definately true what em says, you're allowed to feel fragile, it's whats expected. After all this time of running away from all these fings and ur finally facing these demons head on ! xx

holly23
13-08-10, 12:42
thanks so much guys. you've made me feel better. :)lol. i know it says everywhere..your not alone in this but when your in it..its like you are. xx

emm
13-08-10, 12:52
Hell yeah I know that feeling but you're not alone in this. X