PDA

View Full Version : Help?

caffineaddict
12-08-10, 17:40
errm, er, help.

I went on a trip today and I really don't like travelling, I started to panic, I felt really really bad, like, I couldn't breathe, felt really warm and swetty and stuff, got very scared and started to cry.

I'm not too sure on how to deal with what happened or what it was because I've never had things like that happen to me only wen I have a seat belt on is wen it happens.

I don't even know what it is. Could someone please give me some tips and help how to deal with it?

Thanks *hugs for you all*

gypsywomen
12-08-10, 18:17
it sounds like panic attack ,the best way to get through is deep breaths slow and into your tum ,they pass not nice its adrenaline rush that cause it also heat

caffineaddict
12-08-10, 18:49
I feel like that a lot-can't breather, legs wo't work, heart pounding, crying....fear

I am a newbie-both to here and anxiety atacks.
Everyone has been so friendly, and I am sure support will help me.
Here is a raised glass of virtual champers to recovery and help to both of us xx

Hiya :) first welcome & second thankies for the reply, I'm not so good at talking to people on here at the moment because I get too over anxious about the way they'll talk back to me & my english isnt the best in the world either.

xxxx

caffineaddict
13-08-10, 15:33
I did it!! :D
I went to the doctors today
I have panic attacks, that's what was happening on the trip :)

It is panic attacks. Now I'm nervous because I don't know how to deal with them and could really do with some help

xxxx

gypsywomen
13-08-10, 15:39
as i said practice breathing into your tum , if very bad you could breath nto a bag as this helps with the breathing remember slow and deep ,, as you breath count your breaths in your mind ,, it does pass ,for prvention try to stay cool as heat can trigger this , try and get good night sleep ,, if in a crowd and it happens concentrate your mind on something a clock or ,a picture ,hope this helps x

caffineaddict
13-08-10, 15:56
as i said practice breathing into your tum , if very bad you could breath nto a bag as this helps with the breathing remember slow and deep ,, as you breath count your breaths in your mind ,, it does pass ,for prvention try to stay cool as heat can trigger this , try and get good night sleep ,, if in a crowd and it happens concentrate your mind on something a clock or ,a picture ,hope this helps x

Thank you gypsywomen (I'm sorry I do not know your name!) it is helping me so much at the moment because I am very anxious and scared about the next few days as I have to go out with my mum and friend because they sed they need to have "words" with me & tht proper freaks me out!!

xx

gypsywomen
13-08-10, 16:04
instead of winding yourself up ..try to stay possitive i am sure your mum wouldnt want you to be this way ,,do you like music ,put your ipod in and sing its the best the reason i say this ,it helps,,do anything you like ,, and you see you will begin to feel more relaxed maggie ps been there got the t shirt lol --:)you can do it

caffineaddict
13-08-10, 16:13
instead of winding yourself up ..try to stay possitive i am sure your mum wouldnt want you to be this way ,,do you like music ,put your ipod in and sing its the best the reason i say this ,it helps,,do anything you like ,, and you see you will begin to feel more relaxed maggie ps been there got the t shirt lol --:)you can do it

I love your name Maggie! :) I'm sorry but it reminds me of the simpsons!
My mum isn't too bothered she's at work most of the time, at friends or with my brother and sister, so I'm normally stuck in the house by myself, so I don't often eat or drink because I can;t manage it.

I'm trying my best to stay calm, I've got my Ipod in and I'm watching t.v. I was drawing a cat but I gave up after I got triggered.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gypsywomen
13-08-10, 16:18
so you like drawing i paint watercolours, go to collage ..it helped me so much ,stopping drawing you shouldnt what you do is when you feel feeling comming on breath but contiue,, dont stop you will find it will pass but if you give in it only gets worse ,, ,,,,ps simpsons love them xxxxxxxx

caffineaddict
13-08-10, 16:25
so you like drawing i paint watercolours, go to collage ..it helped me so much ,stopping drawing you shouldnt what you do is when you feel feeling comming on breath but contiue,, dont stop you will find it will pass but if you give in it only gets worse ,, ,,,,ps simpsons love them xxxxxxxx

I love drawing, I keep drawing cats and red lines to stop me from hurting myself. I'm really really trying my best not to get scared and let myself to have a panic attack. Considering I have to take a stupid test tomorrow, like I promised my friend...But I don't know if I can.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gypsywomen
13-08-10, 16:30
you can do it keep telling yourself ,, do you know we are very strong but our minds play games ,, we have to let our mind know we are not playng are going to survive this ,, so draw a catfor me ,, a cheshire one with a big grin

caffineaddict
13-08-10, 16:38
you can do it keep telling yourself ,, do you know we are very strong but our minds play games ,, we have to let our mind know we are not playng are going to survive this ,, so draw a catfor me ,, a cheshire one with a big grin

Maggie, I've been really really stupid & I've had a panic attack and hurt myself and...and...and...I can't do this anymore... I am drawing a kitty, it spotty purple kitty, with big smile!!

Sorry my english isn't the best in the world! Hopefully you understood that.

gypsywomen
13-08-10, 17:25
that sounds ace ,i bet you have hidden talent i think drawing and painting is a good way of expressing yourself ,, keep it up ,your not stupid there must be a reason you felt the need to self harm ,, its normaly other people that make us feel useless and the opnly way to prove we are not is to harm ourselves when realy we would love to tell them what we truly feel .but we lock it inside till we cant take it anymore and bang something has to give ,hence self harm or drinking or anything to help the pain we feel ,well today is a new day ,so be positive work with it be safe i am your friend maggie xxxx

caffineaddict
13-08-10, 17:31
that sounds ace ,i bet you have hidden talent i think drawing and painting is a good way of expressing yourself ,, keep it up ,your not stupid there must be a reason you felt the need to self harm ,, its normaly other people that make us feel useless and the opnly way to prove we are not is to harm ourselves when realy we would love to tell them what we truly feel .but we lock it inside till we cant take it anymore and bang something has to give ,hence self harm or drinking or anything to help the pain we feel ,well today is a new day ,so be positive work with it be safe i am your friend maggie xxxx

I feel so upset and angry & scared, no ones on msn either so got no one to talk to and I can't go on chat either because I've not been a member long enough, very annoyed, very upset, and very anxious :(

I'm trying my best not to hurt myself so much but I don't know how long it is going to last, I am very scared I'm still drawing and I am also watching friends and then I am going to watch the simpsons :yesyes:

Thanks for being there *hugs lots*

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gypsywomen
13-08-10, 17:50
you can pm me anytime ,,, be strong ... love maggie xx