PDA

View Full Version : Doglover1

doglover1
12-08-10, 18:14
Thanks for welcoming me to your forum. I experienced panic attacks and agoraphobia a long time ago but the symptoms nearly diminished. Over the past 6 months, I have been having increasingly incapacitating anxiety attacks and fear going many places. Forcing myself is painful. Would love to share ideas for beating this.

diane07
12-08-10, 18:17
Hi doglover1

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
12-08-10, 21:11
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

doglover1
12-08-10, 21:22
Hi Katlover thanks so much for your response. I was able to go to the next town and do a few errands today; I felt like a little baby doing something for the first time. What is so frustrating is that these are things I routinely did not so long ago without problems. I am trying the exposure recommendations on this page. I have an interview across the country in 5 days and have to be able to manage the travel!

doglover1
12-08-10, 21:23
Thank you so much Diane.

Bluebelle
13-08-10, 05:41
Hi Doglover1,
Welcome to NMP big warm hugs from my tiny little dog to you!
I think you're already battling against your anxiety/agoraphobia by joining this site-I can totally relate the "forcing myself is painful" statement.
It is awful isn't it?
You're not alone anymore you will lots of support here at NMP- it has literally changed and saved my life!