PDA

View Full Version : floaters spots visualdisturbance....

johansaken
12-08-10, 19:03
I got em all at the moment. Its a damn hell. You know what Im talking about. But what I was thinkin about when posting this thread was: Is there anyway one could reduce these symptoms. Exercises, etc etc.

eloise14
12-08-10, 19:35
had floaters for a while before gad kicked in but for the last 2 months have had flickery vision will it go

angstsoup
13-08-10, 04:56
Hi Johan,

Ah, yes, the floaters.
The first time i had them I was in basement of house doing laundry and I swore there were spiders hanging down in front of me.
They tend to come with age and they are harmless. They come about from the drying of the gel in the eye with age, the gel being called the vitreous humor. Yes, i know, nothing funny about it.
I get ocular migraines which do no involve floaters however you did not state that this is what you have.
Floaters can add to anxiety while other visual disturbances seem to come from anxiety. Bright lights can bother me, especially when coming in from the sunlight.
I recall too feeling uncomfortable in a theatre when the lights dim and and always ask the person next to me" Are the lights dimming or is it me?" LOL.
Check it out with you eye doctor but from what I know floaters are very common and nothing to worry about. I have them all the time.
Take care, friend.

johansaken
14-08-10, 21:07
Hey and thanks angstsoup.
Yeah I know they are apart of anxiety, visual disturbance that is. When Im "low", more sensitive to my panicanxiety I freak out over it. Ocular Migraine? Could youexplain that one to me. Besides from the floaters, sparks, spots etc. The usual in anxiety. I need reassurance I guess. Even if I should be used to it all by now. But hey, thats what awesome people like you guys are for. Lots of love and well wishes, Johan