PDA

View Full Version : hello

felicityg
24-02-06, 21:05
Hi my name is felicity people call me fliss.

I Have been suffering from depression for over six years now, with on and off panic attacks. Iam on venlafaxine tabs they hav recently been increased to 225mg but the panic attacks are worse than ever!!

I Nedd to know how to control them.

xxxx

molly15
24-02-06, 21:07
hi fliss you will get good advice hear welcome take care marcia xx

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

nomorepanic
24-02-06, 21:10
Hi Fliss

Welcome aboard - lovely to see you here.

Start with the basics here .....

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

It can be done - it just takes time and hard work.

Nicola

Karen
24-02-06, 21:13
Hi Fliss

Welcome to the forum.

You will get a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

jackie
24-02-06, 21:14
hi fliss. stay here for advice to help you recover. also read the success stories to give you hope and most importantly, 0if you have not picked up a book by claire weekes called self help for your nerves, then do so as soon as you can. it is available in the shops or at amazon. it will really help

hope we can all help too
jackie

trac67
24-02-06, 21:25
Hi Fliss,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

sal
24-02-06, 22:15
Hi Fliss

Welcome to the site, you will get lots of support here. Look forward to chatting to you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

sueiamnew
25-02-06, 04:50
Hi Fliss and welcome to the site.

Meg
25-02-06, 15:07
Hi Fliss,

Welcome.

Has the venlaflaxine helped your depression at all ?

What other sort of help have you had ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Sue K with 5
26-02-06, 04:37
Hi Fliss !

Welcome to NMP! I have not heard of the medication your own, but I do understand how the panics can feel worse when medication is increased. I think Increased panics when upping the dosage can happen for a short while, I would speak to your GP and maybe consider a beta blocker to help with the symptoms until the panic subsides a little

Good luck and hope it gets better for you soon

Sue with 5

scknight