PDA

View Full Version : Feeling so low, out of the blue

paulaf
12-08-10, 20:55
A couple of days ago I passed my driving test and was so elated. Today I just feel so depressed. I tried driving somewhere quite scary with my husband, and he made me really nervous cos he was nervous and I just felt like a failure after. I feel so alone, I have no friends and I can't speak to my family or my husband about the way I'm feeling. I'm questioning everything in my life at the moment and have no interest in anything. This is the worst I have felt in so long, I just had to share with someone. Has anyone else had a kind of 'post elation' depression before?

calm
12-08-10, 21:00
i was so thriled to read that you have passed your driving test xxxxx
maybe all the excitement has taken it out of you.....hopefully things will settle.....my god you are not a failure.....YOU ARE MOST DEFINATELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU PASSED YOUR TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we all question things in our lives...and especially when we feel the way we do - i hope tomorrow is a better day for both of us, love tracey xxxxx

oh and just to let you know...........YOU ARE NOT ALONE....WE ARE ALL HERE....AND ITS SUCH A COMFORT xxxxxxx

paulaf
12-08-10, 21:04
Thanks so much tracey, I actually feel a bit teary now because it was so nice of you to reply thank you. I don't know what I would do without you guys on this site. I think maybe its natural to feel low after a high, I suppose I just worry about my marriage and things sometimes, maybe its just the way I'm feeling. If you ever want to talk, I'm here for you too tracey, thanks so much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

diane07
12-08-10, 21:04
I was exactly the same after i passed my test, it will feel a bit scary at first, but it will settle down, even people who don't suffer panic feel the same.

My advice is keep going out and keep driving.

you will be fine in a day or two.

di xx

paulaf
12-08-10, 21:07
Thanks Di, I will keep trying driving on my own at first and just do local places to build up my confidence. Today I was on the motorway and going round bit roundabouts and it was just a bit too much. I will keep going x

calm
12-08-10, 21:11
my love....we are here for one another xxxxx i also worry about my marriage..it takes its toll doesnt it...but you know wot...we are not doing this on purpose are we xxxxx things will get much better.
you keep on going with your driving...little journeys maybe to build up your confidence...but hey wot confidence building do you need....YOU PAST xxxxx and i am thrilled xxxxxx

mandie
14-08-10, 10:41
Hi Paula

Well done on passing your test :yesyes:

When i passed i was as high as a kite!. Then the first time i got in the car I was nervous, scared and i just didnt feel comfortable. I was gutted because i had waited years and years for this and was so upset to feel this way.

I remember posting on here to because i felt so unhappy after i passed because i was so nervous about going out in the car.

So i just did short local journeys to begin with the build up my confidence and now i would be lost without my car!

You are not a failure! You have just passed your driving test!!!:yesyes:

So all you need is a little time to get used to driving and you will be fine.

love mandie xx