PDA

View Full Version : new member

charli90
24-02-06, 22:37
Hi
I'm charli, I am 15 and have been suffering from anxieties and panic attacks for about 6 months to a year before my parents and my doctor recognised the signs.
It affects a lot of my life and I thought I was the only one, but by reading articles from this site I see that I am not on my own.
Panic attacks are a new thing for me, I could never recognise the signs until I asked my doctor about certain problems such as sudden shortness of breath due to fear, I thought it was down to my asthma.
I am now getting help after bottling it up inside for so long. I start a course of CBT soon. There are still days where I will feel like I am back to square one. I don't even understand how I managed to get to this stage.
School was a major fear, but slowly I have managed to get back into a pattern to just keep my mind focused. It doesn't help having little confidence in yourself or think you're going mad. But now I know that there are ways in which I can try and overcome my anxieties.

Charli

Alexandra
24-02-06, 22:44
Hi Charli

Welcome to the forum

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

hunny_as
24-02-06, 22:47
hi ya you will find lots of help here i know i have and we will all try and help you as much as we can.

i hope you find it as helpfull as me

amandax

krissie
24-02-06, 22:51
Hi there Charli,

I'm Krissie, I am a newbie too, sorry to hear about your panic attacks, I hope that you will find help on this site and make some new friends along the way!!!

take care
Krissie :)

of the things I have lost I miss my mind the most!!!

Karen
24-02-06, 22:52
Hi Charli

Welcome to the forum.

It is scary at first when you don't understand what is happening but it sounds like your doctor is on the ball and the CBT will hopefully help you.

Have a read of some of the posts here and also the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) information.

You will find a lot of support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

sal
24-02-06, 23:24
Hi Charli

Welcome to the site. Pleased you have found us and there are so many people here who can help you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

trac67
24-02-06, 23:46
Hi Charli,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

sueiamnew
25-02-06, 04:43
Hi Charli and welcome to the site.

jackie
25-02-06, 08:04
hi charlie i hope we can help

pick yourself up a copy of claire weekes book self help for your nerves. it will explain alot of the horrible symptoms and explain well how to deal with them

take care
jackie

feege
25-02-06, 08:49
Hi Charli

Welcome to NMP - I'm sure you'll make loads of friends here and get loads of support!

Good luck xx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

nomorepanic
25-02-06, 12:45
Hi Charli

Welcome aboard and hope we can be of some help.

Great news about the CBT - that will help a lot.

Nicola

Meg
25-02-06, 14:43
Hi Charli,

Glad you are now getting the help and support you need to recover fully from your fears. CBT will be of great benefit

Well done for searching for additional help for yourself here.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sal
25-02-06, 22:26
Hi Charlie

How are things going for you? Thinking about you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Sue K with 5
26-02-06, 00:41
Hi Charli

Welcome to NMP! I suffered very similar things at your age. Its very hard, but the fortunate thing for you is that these symptoms are now more recognisable and can be nipped in the bud so dont lose hope you will benefit greatly from the cbt.

You will beat this!

Take good care

Sue with 5

scknight