PDA

View Full Version : New Person Having Trouble with Panic Attacks and PTSD Symptoms

angel-eyes
13-08-10, 21:32
Hello Everyone,

I have been diagnosed with both panic disorder and PTSD for quite some time (since 1994) and had treatment for it through medication and had therapy for it for awhile. I still take Kloplin for it when I have a severe panic attack though I'm not in therapy currently.

My name is Terri. I have had panic disorder most of my life I think due to the fact of being abused by my step-father at a early age physically, sexually and mentally. I also developed PTSD as a result of that as well. I didn't get diagnosed with it until 1994 though and start treatment until then.

I still struggle with having panic attacks now as well. I recently moved from the United States to Canada to be with my fiance so moving to another country is certainly different and takes a lot of getting used to!

One of the biggest challanges I'm having trouble with now though is my fiance seems to be having trouble accepting the fact that I have a learning disability (dyslexia). He tends to yell at me at times and that tends to trigger panic attacks and flashbacks (PTSD) in that I tend to go into flashbacks of seeing my step-dad in front of me when I'm yelled at by a man. I have told my fiance this and he knows about the abuse I went through. He told me that he has never delt with someone with a learning disability before and has a hard time explaining things to them. I hope we can work this out because I've had more panic attacks since being in Canada then I've had in a very long time.

Terri

nomorepanic
13-08-10, 21:33
Hi angel-eyes

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
13-08-10, 22:07
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

Baggs
13-08-10, 22:35
I hope that this site helps you as much as it's helped me. All the best. Baggs.