PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new here

Kyle19
14-08-10, 13:53
Hi, I'm 19 years old and I found this site a few months ago from a google search I had done. I read through some of the posts on the forums and a lot of people here seem to be quite helpful so I liked that, and bookmarked the site. I decided to join today because I need advice because I've been suffering from anxiety for a while now. There's several reasons why I think, some of it is embarassing really, I'd never discuss the issues with anyone offline, it's just too hard to do for me.

I was on antidepressants for only a brief period when I was about 15 or 16. I'm not sure if they made a difference, it could have just been a teen phase as I got over it easily and everything's been fine until the last few months, and it's getting worse.

I'm really not sure which forum I should post in to describe what's bothering me, it covers several topics really ... anxiety, depression, self esteem, and social. I sometimes feel like I have symtoms of OCD as well. I have quite a grim outlook on "the future" regarding my life right now, and I find myself to always be comparing myself to others.

I'm really not sure what else to say now ... just that I'm glad this site is here, I and many others would be lost without it!

diane07
14-08-10, 13:54
Hi Kyle19

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

chrisl
14-08-10, 13:55
:welcome: Lots off help here

Vanilla Sky
14-08-10, 16:29
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x