PDA

View Full Version : is this a tension headache?

Maybe_Baby
14-08-10, 21:25
For the past few days I've been getting horrible sharp/stabbing/tight feelings in my head. Today I woke up with this headache and it hasn't shiffted all day :( its like a tight, pressure kinda stabbing feeling in either side of my head (above my temples) and occasionaly around the back. I mentioned it to my GP yesterday and he thought it maybe related to the pill that I'm on. I've heard that a tension headache feels like a tight band around the head, but this doesn't. I do have a baby which means I have been having a lot of late nights and early mornings and I haven't had a lot to eat today. My anxiety is pretty bad tonight, and I keep feeling as though I can't breath and assuming my headache is something more than a normal headache, but I think this is also because I've been suffering visual disturbances :(
Can someone please calm me down and reasure me.
Thank u xx

ann01
14-08-10, 21:35
Hi, I get all kinds if pains in my head, pressure pains, stabbing pains and kind of burning sensations too. If you have any muscle tension in your neck or shoulders this can cause odd pains in the head. I get so many headaches and suffer migraines too. If you have had visual disturbance you could have a migraine.
Hope you feel better soon
Ann x