PDA

View Full Version : is this a palpitation?

pinkynicca
15-08-10, 02:40
hey everyone, so my mind wont let me rest... i get these feelings its hard to describe... it almost feels like my heart is stopping for a second?? there no pain, but i instantly get sweaty palms and my feet get all tingly like im incredibly scared just lasts a second then a few minutes to calm down... is this a palpitation? i had a few ekgs last year, just laying on the doc's table and they hooked me up too it, and they came back healthy..

Kelley
15-08-10, 07:31
Hi!
You mean an ectopic beat?? The only way to know is to feel your pulse and if it goes, beat, beat, beat, pause..., beat etc (or a pause anywhere between) then that is what you are experiencing.

Kel :)

Typer
15-08-10, 10:54
It does sound like an ectopic (missed or extra beat) but quite mild. Some people just get them now and then.

Natalie x
15-08-10, 11:55
Hi. I've been having this for the last few days and thats exactly what it feels like, like your heart has stopped. I sort of have an empty feeling inside if that makes sense? I also feel like i've been given a fright - thats what it feels like in my stomach and i get that nervous feeling and instantly feel like its my heart thats stopped. If u read bk to my thread from thursday i think, you will find some re-assurance there. Its headed 'Why did i do it?' Im here if you need a chat x

pinkynicca
15-08-10, 16:31
you guys rock, yah im such a worrier i can read something and still think what is going on with me isnt the same, and when i read on ectopic beats and palpitations i just get frustrated lol, having no health insurance is rough but so if thinking you constantly are sick

sweet juicy
16-08-10, 08:37
Oh,sometimes i have the same case as you,is it serious?