PDA

View Full Version : coughing, breathlessness

thunderduck
15-08-10, 21:04
Hi folks just wondered if anyone could relate to this, bit of back ground first:
I have had asthma all my life but it is mild, I am allergic to dogs, horses cats, rabbits (all of which I had when I was a child up until I was about 16) still had dogs until a few years ago. Anyhoo decided in my wisdom to get a dog, researched a breed that would be low allergenic and spent a bit of time with my friends dog which is same breed.
So we got a puppy a month ago, he is lovely but since then I have had a tight chest, annoying cough mostly in the morning, it kind of comes and goes, I use my ventolin it doesnt help much, my peak flow is within my normal range but it is so annoying. I have been to GP he isnt concerned about my asthma but said it my allergy may be causing it.
It feels like there is a band at the base of my throat and feels like there is a load of gunk sitting on my left lung, it usually goes away when I distract myself and I dont wake at night with it, but these past few days its all I have been able to think about :( I am thinking about rehoming the puppy as dont feel I am giving him all the attention he deserves.