PDA

View Full Version : Wind/popping in abdomen??

Lissy43
16-08-10, 08:06
Ive always been abit windy but this year has been alot worse. I was treated for Helicobacter in Feb, was told the triple therapy would kill the bug. I felt ok on and off afterwards. Recently though I get awful wind again. I saw my GP about a month ago and mentioned it, he said it was just ibs and said to relax. He didnt want to retest for Helicobacter either.

Lately I wake with tummy ache in my stomach area high up, like its empty and popping with wind. Low down all under belly button area is where I get most of the wind. You can actually feel the wind under my hand, sometimes hard balls of wind pass under my hand. It pops and feel heavy low down there all day at the moment:(( with the occasional windy stabbing high up under my chest, but its mostly lower down.

Does anyone else get like this? I dont want to bother GP again but this is everyday at the mo:(( If i dont eat it gets worse, if i do eat it is no better. My bowels are abit wierd, ok one day, constipated the next.....

rosebud
17-08-10, 13:35
Hi i'me just like you at the moment been having problems for a while. I haven't been diagnosed with IBS but doc said it could be had to have lots of blood tests and stool tests which came back normal. Going back to see him next week. I get terrible wind everyday, i can hear it popping and gurgling and it makes me very anxious. Having the bowel problems aswell, constipated, diahrreoa and normal. I'me hoping it's IBS and nothing else.
Does food make it worse ?