PDA

View Full Version : feeling nauseous/weak/dizzy but only at work

BunnyMazonas
16-08-10, 09:42
What is wrong with me?

My therapy and treatment has made it clear that my anxiety and related issues are connected with problems from years ago, which I am dealing with.

But there is something else going on I just can't cope with. I thought it was side effects from the meds but now I am not so sure.

Some days I'll feel like absolute rubbish. I will feel slightly dizzy, nauseous, numb in the face like that weird bloodloss feeling you get during a panic attack, will feel physically weak like my legs will buckle under me and my arms are heavy, will be unable to concentrate and wanting to curl up in a corner and hide. I thought it was the meds, but I've just had a week on holiday after some time off sick, felt absolutely fine WRT all those things - didn't feel dizzy or sick once. Today I'm back to work and I'm at my desk no more than 10 minutes before I feel it all over again.

I'm here at my desk shaking and trying to remind myself that although I feel about to throw up it isn't actually going to happen.

What is wrong with me?!

sharon35
16-08-10, 09:50
I feel the same when im at work and have been signed off for a month to try and relax.
Im just hoping it doesnt all start again when i go back. because i feel fine now too.
Really dont understand it either.

BunnyMazonas
19-08-10, 09:32
It is a little reassuring to know I'm not the only one who feels this.

Ugh, it is just getting so ridiculous. At home I am absolutely fine but I get in the office and it's like my body is rebelling against me just being there. I mean, I don't like my job and the office situation is pretty stressful right now, but it isn't that bad. Besides which, I've worked here for 3.5 years and itsonly in the last 6 months or so I've started feeling this way.

I never felt this before being on my meds, but then again I was on them for quite a few months before this started, so I can't say whether that is connected. But even if it was a reaction to the meds, why does it only effect me at work?

sharon35
19-08-10, 09:40
It only really effects me at work also, my panic attacks first started years ago at work, so i think this may have something to do with it.
Ive been in my current job 2 years and they just started again.

JAYQ
22-08-10, 03:35
I have been getting this more and more at work to lately and i can not stand it. I like to be productive at work and my job really requires me to be somewhat productive or i will fall behind. I can not concentrate at all when i feel shaky and weak. Then sometimes i will be fine and someone will come ask for help with something about work and when they are talking to me i will start to feel really bad and will try to force them out of my office area with short answers. Its horrible, i am sure they think i am rude as hell sometimes. One time it started getting so bad as soon as they came to talk to me within 30 secs i said i am sorry i will be right back. Went to the bathroom and took a 10min break in the stall. It is really horrible sometimes.

BunnyMazonas
24-08-10, 10:28
I don't understand it. My issues aren't work related, so why is being at work a trigger for this?

sharon35
24-08-10, 13:56
Oh my god im exactly the same bunnymazonas!
to be honest i dont even know why my panic has started again.
ive just got engaged and im with an amazing partner who treats me so well.
So why i get them i have no clue.
Wish someone could answer it for yourself and me. x