PDA

View Full Version : HOORAY

Paddington
25-02-06, 15:48
HAVE TO SHARE MY ELATION!I went to a HUGE supermarket with my partner and did not have a panic attack!!!I have not been able go into a shop 4 ages eversince i had a panic whilst in one.I did feel a bit edgey,and there were so many noises and sounds that i thought i was gunna lose it,that is normaly all it takes,the thought of losing it .Before i would run,i would have to get out.i cant believe i did it!!i just thought i'd give it a go and it worked!!i hope that this is the start of trying more things without fear!Mary-Rose.xxx

nomorepanic
25-02-06, 15:54
Mary Rose

What fab news - I am going to move this to the success forum instead as it is just that - a huge success.

Well done! I bet you feel chuffed to bits now.

Nicola

trac67
25-02-06, 16:14
Hi Mary,

Well done, thats great news.

Onwards and upwards from now on :D

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

floatlikeabutterfly
25-02-06, 16:24
Well done Mary-Rose

I don't think you fully realise what a huge step you have taken. So I will tell you. ;)

You said you 'felt edgy' - but you didn't run. You stood your ground and let it pass.

Utterly amazing. I salute you. :D

Meg
25-02-06, 16:58
Mary,

That is fabulous news and good on you !!!!!!!

That is fab progress. Its worth writing it all down so you can refer back to this success if you are feeling rough at any time.

You try to recall what it was that you did differently this time to previous times as that was the key to how you managed so well.

Many congratulations

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
25-02-06, 17:41
Well done Mary.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Paddington
25-02-06, 17:50
thank you,all of you.i did do my slow walking and counting exercise,when it started in the shop ,i've never stayed calm enuff too even try it b4! oddly i had apanic this afternoon,i wasnt doing anything at all,just'went' off!But again it hasn't lasted long at all bout 20 mins and normally when mt heart races i can 4get it,it spirals out of control!but here i am typing away and feel normal.So it can get better and i am relishing evety second of it.God bless all of you.Mary-Rose.xxxxx

floatlikeabutterfly
25-02-06, 18:00
mary-Rose,

when I started to get better, I was very concious of how my attitude to the panic changed.

When I was ill, it was almost like a balloon being inflated by my fear/ panic inside me - the more I feared it, the bigger it got - until I ran away to a safe place.

When I first started to feel better, I noticed the panic was still there but because I didn't fear it, the 'balloon' was still inside me but was now peppered with holes.

When the panics started, I would think 'here goes, must relax my muscles' and I could almost feel the panic trying its best but it couldn't inflate my balloon anymore.

Reading your last post, you sound like you are experiencing something similar.

(((Mary-Rose)))

Alexandra
25-02-06, 18:56
Hi Mary Rose

Well done, excellent news hunny. I remember the jubilation i felt to when i first did that.

Well done hun im so pleased for you.[8D]

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Piglet
25-02-06, 19:25
Mary-Rose that is super news and I know from experience how lovely it is to go shopping when you havent for a while.

A massive big well done :D

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Keitharcher
25-02-06, 20:26
Mary Rose

Well done - I hope tghis is just the first of many successes

Keith

Sue K with 5
26-02-06, 04:54
Wow thats Brilliant!

I am so impressed I hate the supermarkets would rather swim with frogs and I hate those too!

Well done and keep going

Sue with 5

scknight

bluesparkle
26-02-06, 10:56
well done ! :D
that is excellant ... keep at it and it will get easier...and keep letting us know
take care
rach

darkangel
26-02-06, 19:22
Well done

I found that when I hadnt been to a place in a long while, it would feel so strange, but you overcame your anxiety and you DID IT.

Continue to go to the supermarket, even on bad days and it will get easier each time - it worked for me.

Take care and once again well done to you

Darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

Paddington
26-02-06, 23:58
i cant thank you all enuff 4 your words of encouregment and 4 caring sooo much.it humbles me truly!well today folks i went to a SHOPPING RETAIL PARK!!!???I went round the shops[got a fab pair of boots!]I felt edgey in the third shop, but as has been said it's as tho the panic is losing it's power over me,i had a yukky moment on the way back as we got stuck under a bridge in heavy traffic AGH!!i nearly lost it but i didnt,my tum problems kicked in instead,which was vile but still i carried on and went to get the dog a new bed!i cant believe this is real and am almost waiting 4 it all to bubble up again but i am stilll lovin this sooo much,i hope that everyone at some point has these days of freedom and that soon it will all be a bad memory.now all i gotta do is crack my driving.wont drive on my own at the moment,so watch this space every one!!thank you and God bless.Mary-Rose.xxxxx