PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram cutting my dose

Robertc160882
25-02-06, 18:39
Hi,

Thought I should post this to see if anyone else has the same experience, well I’m 20mg of Citalopram
Which I started on Monday. I have been taking them now for 6 days and have had trouble with the side effects and with adjusting to feeling a little bit normal again.

Well my problem is that I’m so, so low in the normal almost like feeling like giving up but by the afternoon I pick up I don’ know if this is because I take my tablet in the morning. Well today I was really, really bad in the morning but come this afternoon I was way, way high almost like I was floating and could deal with any problem. So I phoned NHS 24 a helpline in Scotland for people with medical issues when GP’s are closed or for some advice. The girl there took a note of my symptoms and suggested she get a doctor to phone me back. The doctor phoned back and said I should cut my dose to 10mg and that someone of 23 should never have been put on 20mg as a starting dose. She said I should have started it gradually. I’m a little confused as each doctor is saying a different thing and I really want to stick with this drug as I believe after 2 weeks I should realise it has been worth it.

I’m staying positive and I’m very much hopeful it will blow over given team and then I can deal with the real issues but I’m just wondering if anyone else has had that side effect almost like they are high. I had to have a giggle because the doctor suggested I take a valium to calm myself down as I’m to high. One extreme to the other but if I don’t laugh I will explode.

Anyway your thoughts and experiences are welcomed.

nomorepanic
25-02-06, 19:11
I think that they should have started you on a lower dose and built you up gradually. Perhaps you need to check back with your GP.

It is common to feel worse once you start medication I am afraid.

Nicola

floatlikeabutterfly
25-02-06, 19:18
so low in the normal almost like feeling like giving up but by the afternoon I pick up

Hi :-)

What were you like before you started taking the Citalopram?

Robertc160882
25-02-06, 19:36
I wasn't like this before I started to take it