PDA

View Full Version : Somebody deleting me from a social networking site

phil06
16-08-10, 17:36
Does anybody get really angry or depressed when somebody they know deletes them off a social networking site?

Maybe somebody can relate..just sends me into a whole physiology of life..like why I bother being on these daft sites when I need real friends? :blush:

absentia
16-08-10, 17:47
I know the feeling Phil. I have had certain people delete me. I get the feeling they think I am ignorant, but the fact is I am just a bit shy. Try not to take it the wrong way because it's only a stupid lame website. I haven't logged into facebook for weeks now. Spending time on there is a complete waste of life in my opinion.

SHYGIRLAJB
16-08-10, 17:56
Hi Phil,

Not really sure of what to say, well can't offer any advice, as this sort of happened to me some person, whom I called a friend, whom I have know for a few years deleted me, never said why. Still upset now, cos I am wondering what I have done now. Sending you big big ((HUGS)).

Anita, XX.

phil06
16-08-10, 18:02
Yes I know it happens..I've read about people knowing some people years and then hitting delete and the person being upset. There can be reasonable excuses like a mistake but generally I don't get people.

Another thing is people who have you on like bebo but won't add you to Facebook. Heard excuses like they only want close friends on one but why keep you on another if you're not good enough?

I know i take these sites so seriously as they are addictive.

Anxious_gal
16-08-10, 18:33
I think it depends a bit on much you actually talk and interact with people.
like my friend often shortens down his friends list because he is a bit of a loner at heart and doesn't like having too many people to interact with.
although he would only delete people he rarely talks to or has zero or little contact with.

I hate when people don't accept your friendship request, especially when you know them!

Oddfish
16-08-10, 18:58
I think sites like Facebook have opened up a can of worms. Inevitably there are people who will no longer want to be your 'friend' and vice versa over time but it is just a reflection of real life... it is much easier to lose contact with someone 'outside' and nobody gets upset. On these sites you feel bound into keeping people on your list even if you hardly know them or no longer have much, if any contact with them. I'm sure lots of people got caught up in the friend making frenzy when they first joined and now that a couple of years have passed and the thing has grown, they don't want every Tom Dick and Harry knowing everything about them. There are a few on my list who I would like to ditch and a few who have ditched me. Sometimes I feel like coming off it all together.

moomin123
16-08-10, 19:06
I think if they have deleted you then they are not worth being friends with anyway! Stay positive, you don't need them, you know who your real friends are and they would never delete you from facebook, let alone their lives!!

xx

eeyorelover
16-08-10, 19:16
I have always had issues with FB and the like.
First I was told 'never add someone you don't know'.
Now this posed a real issue because people from here started doing the request thing but I am absolutely HORRIBLE with names! I even get my kids names mixed up! LOL
So I'd have to send the little 'Who are you" message back which makes me feel like a damned idiot!

Then people I went to high school with started sending requests....
Ok but my high school days are a little hazy due to a large cloud of smoke that followed me around for 3 out of 4 years! :)

So then I'd have to ask people who I did remember who the hell the new ones were!!
Still not too sure about several of them altho I've been assured they were in school with me. So ....whatever!

Then I came to the realization that neither my personality nor my humor translates very well over the internet!!!
I'm an unapologetic liberal who thinks that the US is going down in flames because it's run (mostly) by fat cat old conservative men who have never had to worry about money or pay bills so anyone who isn't a fat cat old conservative male is basically screwed in our country!
I could actually hear a large group of people canceling their 'friendships' with me after I voiced that opinion!!!
HAHA

The thing is that it took me 40 years to like who I am!
I ain't about to start being ashamed or pretend to be someone I'm not now!
They can all delete me if they want to!
Don't know who half of em are anyway ;)
hahaha

Typer
16-08-10, 20:05
Hi eeyorelover

Love your attitude and what you say speaks volumes.
The thing is that it took me 40 years to like who I am!

So true and I feel that a lot of problems stem from not liking ourselves and not being sure of ourselves.

Seems to me the first thought or maybe feeling can be: What did I do/say? Whereas the place to get to might be as eeyorelover puts it:
[I ain't about to start being ashamed or pretend to be someone I'm not now!
They can all delete me if they want to!

Eeyorelover - your signature quote is also on my facebook profile and on some of the cards I make. I found it while looking for something to put in a card for a sick friend. Its so beautiful. Its by Lynnie Buttercup

I had a very hard time some years ago when I fell out with a group of people who had been (I thought) friends.; They grouped together and for a while I let it really get to me. But you know now, I feel I am better than that and worthy of not being abused, especially on the internet. mainly play games on facebook but am weaning myself off LOL

Kerry B
16-08-10, 22:25
Hi Phil the same has happened to me on facebook people I though where my friends have deleted me for no reason and I feel like you wondering why, what have I done to them it really hurts my feelings. I think cause I feel so low It just makes me feel worse

Maj
16-08-10, 22:31
I just think these sites are really difficult if you are a sensitive person. You take it more personally whereas other people are more self-absorbed and don't give a second thought to how other people will see things.

miss_moose
16-08-10, 22:46
I have had people delete me too but it always takes me ages to work out who has actually deleted me because they aren't important.

This one girl who i was at school with (real b****h back then) but she added me so i thought i'd be grown up now and accept her request.
Then she deleted me.
She's tried to add me again twice and i've always taken much pleasure in rejecting her!:D

nomorepanic
16-08-10, 23:26
I have deleted people from Facebook if their constant status updates either annoy me or uspet me or in some way trigger me.

Some people only post doom and gloom and I don't want to read it every time I logon so those people were removed.

I wouldn't read too much into it - no-one really cares about those kind of networking sites.

KK77
16-08-10, 23:43
I deleted mine after a barrage of people I didn't personally know (or want to know) kept adding/harassing me. I came to the conclusion that it was mainly a platform for people to constantly show off.

I've made more genuine friends here where we all have something in common and can help each other.

greenday1997
16-08-10, 23:50
Unless it a close friend then I would just see it as a good thing, it just filters the people from your life that don't matter and you get left with the one's that do.

Anxious_gal
17-08-10, 00:37
just thought of something esle, when people don't reply to your comments!