PDA

View Full Version : Hate it all!!!

jill ley
25-02-06, 18:08
Hi everyone cant say I'm feeling to good at the moment. I started having panic attacks about 10years ago and now they're coming fast and furious. The anxiety is the worst feeling in the world. Just how do you cope with it. I feel so ill at the monement I dont know what to do with my self any tips

floatlikeabutterfly
25-02-06, 18:11
Hi

What have you tried so far to alleviate your symptoms?

Alexandra
25-02-06, 18:16
Hi Jill

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear what you have been going through, but you will find alot of good support on here, as well as very good advice.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

nomorepanic
25-02-06, 18:17
Hi Jill

Welcome aboard. Sorry to hear you are not so good.

Try reading a few of these ...

First Steps
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Coping
How to cope with Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=coping)

For more specific problems then try this ...

Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

Nicola

jill ley
25-02-06, 18:23
Not sure what I'm doing here, cant make out which buttons to press!!! At the moment I'm not taking any thing but have been precribed citalopram 10mg trouble is i had a really bad experience on lustral a few years ago and an terrified to try any thing. Worst time is the night I just lay awake and watch the telly.

nomorepanic
25-02-06, 18:27
Jill

It is ok - I removed the extra posts you did for you.

Try reading around the website and forum to see if you can find anything that helps and you can relate to.

There are loads of posts about citalopram under the medication forum.

Nicola

floatlikeabutterfly
25-02-06, 18:28
Worst time is the night I just lay awake and watch the telly.

Quite a usual symptom of anxiety. Apparently the body produces most of its stress hormone, Cortisol, in the early hours of the morning, which is why many people with depression and anxiety find themselves awake between 02:00 and 05:00. :-(

Have you tried any therapies?

jill ley
25-02-06, 18:33
I did have counselling years ago, but I find it just brings matter that are best hidden out of the woddwork again. I've just lost my mum, and that is what has brought this on again, my other half is not available at the moment and the phone call are spasmodic so not much help

trac67
25-02-06, 18:52
Hi Jill,

You will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Piglet
25-02-06, 19:43
Welcome to the site hun and do try and look round as there are some really good pages of advice.

Piglet xx

sal
25-02-06, 21:53
Hi Jill

Great you have found the site and know how you feel is really hard. WE are all here to help you and you are not alone at all. They seem to come from nowhere and that makes it harder when we cant reason with them as to why. Here if you want to talk anytime just pm me.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Karen
25-02-06, 22:02
Hi Jill

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your mum and it is natural to be feeling low and for anxiety to be worse than usual at such a sad time.

Have you had any CBT therapy for your difficulties?

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Sue K with 5
26-02-06, 00:57
Hi Jill

Welcome to NMP!

I am so sorry things have been so bad for you. I do relate so much especially with the night fears. The worst part in the night is having no one to talk to. Thats why finding this site for me was amazing. I found people all cross the world to talk to at 4 in the morning and it helped aliviate the lonliness.

Cipramil is good and can help with the panic attacks immensly so might be worth trying them

For now take care and keep posting

Sue with 5

scknight

Meg
26-02-06, 10:40
I can understand why right now is not a good time to get back to counselling but at some point to improve long term you need to address all those previous issues so you can move forwards. Ignoring them or trying to push them down will not be helpful longterm
It is understandable why you feel so bad right now due to the sad loss of your Mum and feeling verz alone.

At night try to find yourself something to do for an hour and then redo your bedtime routine and try to sleep again.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Sueblue
26-02-06, 16:13
Hi Jill
Just another message of support from yet another one who knows what you are going through and how you are feeling. I'm still looking for my own answers but finding this site I think will be a great help. So chin up and hang on in there - things will get better, which is what I have to tell myself.
Lots of support and advice on here, some lovely people.
all the best
Sue

Pat Sawyer-Jones
26-02-06, 17:10
Hi Jill I am also new to this site great comfort to know that there are other people with same problems. Have you tried Claire weeks book Self Help for your Nerves abd also cassette tapes on same subject. Good to pick up or listen to rermind you of what to try to do.
Pat

jackie
26-02-06, 18:31
hi jill, welcome

hope we can help you. have you had cbt, many rave about it, and to me the claire weekes books are a must

jackie

Lozzie
26-02-06, 21:06
Hi Jill,

Welcome to the forum x

I suffer with anxiety and depression and find it very hard to get to sleep at night, I stay awake and watch tv in bed or read.

I have found Lavender oil or scented lavender candles very useful to help me relax x

Laura x

sal
26-02-06, 22:12
Hi how are things going for you. We are all here to support you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".