PDA

View Full Version : All time low!!

Caitlin_Xx
16-08-10, 20:32
Hi. Recently i have been felling very bad indeed. I am emetophobic so felling ill is really bad for me, yeah i consintly don't fell very well (why my parents hardly ever belive me) but i have been felling very bad latley, just a few days ago i was diagnosed with abdominal migrane and one of the simptoms is being s* so that makes me fell worse, what makes it worse is the fact that i'm going back to school on wedensday, which is my assembaly day, i really hate assembaly so so much, not just for the fact that it's boring as i find it quite intresting but for the fact that the seats are so close to one another and there is no escape, the guy sitting next to me consintly coths and chockes and i know it's only coughing but i get so worried, even ended up having panic attaks a few times. The thing is i know i would be fine if i was alone, or at the end of the row.
A boy in my class is claustrophobic therefor gets out of assembally, i don't want to get out of assembally so i don't want to tell my guidance teacher i'm claustrophobic (i'm a bit claustrophobic caused by my emetophobia) but i can't tell my giudance teacher, i'm to scared of what she will think of me or if she will think i'm just trying to get out of assembally,wich i'm not.
The other thing is that know matter what i try to do i have to face assembally tomorrow as it is first thing in the morning :( I have been worring about this so long it is really getting me worked up!!

Sorry for blabbing on for so long but i was wondering if anyone has any advice on what i could do.
and is there and anti-anxity medication that would work, no big pills though as i'm not really conferabul with taking big pills as i'm afraid i will choke and...

Thanks, Caitlin xx

andrew
17-08-10, 13:12
Hi Caitlin,

I'll try and offer you some advice.

Sometimes we get 'anticipationary anxiety' when we worry about an upcoming event that we are anxious about. It always made me much more anxious than the actual event ever did. Sometimes talking about it helps lessen the anxiety and might help you not to get so worked up about it. And although you dont like assembally, you must have 'managed it' 100's of times before, so remind yourself of that and try to reassure yourself that you will be ok.

If you could manage to speak to your guidance teacher about how anxious and uncomfortable the assembally situation makes you feel, maybe they could get you moved to the end of the row. That is the most sensible answer, although I know its not easy to talk about our stuff.

Anyway, I hope that helps, you take care

Caitlin_Xx
17-08-10, 17:08
Thankyou! I think that is a sensibul answer and I have done it 100's of times before, i will be sure to talk to my guidance teacher.:)

Thanks Caitlin...x

fairyclairy
17-08-10, 21:44
Hi Caitlin,

I would definitly advise to talk to your guidance teacher... i know you say you are worried about what she will think of you etc, but in my experiance, telling people about our struggles only ever gets help and support!

I too am emetophobic and struggle being 'closed in' incase someone is sick and i cant get away or if im sick myself and i cant run out..

It was my graduation last year and i was soooooo anxious about this, not only sitting with big caps and gowns on etc in a hot cathedral... i was away from parents, didnt know where exits were, couldnt have phone on me, had to sit in alphebetical order and for me being 'H' i was always in the middle! Chairs were soooo tightly packed, the cathedral was packed full of hundreds on people and after having to sit through that for an hour and a half, i then had to walk on stage infront of everyone and accepy mt degree...... nightmare, absolute nightmare.... but, i told the usher person who was sitting near by and telling us whaat we had to do etc and i told him of my struggles and everyone was so lovely... i was sat on the end of the row, he sat near me, he told me where exits were and everyone was so supportive...

I only tell u about that because im sure if u tell ur guidance teacher, im sure there will be no problem of u sitting at the end of a row.... and if ur worried she'l think its just an excuse to get out of assembly, explain that u enjoy assembly and find it interesting and dont want to get out of it, but if u cud just sit at the end then thatl help u...

Let us know how u get on xx