PDA

View Full Version : Spot/Boil?? not sure, am worrying alot. (kinda personal lady prob)

flutterby
16-08-10, 22:31
Hi,
Just needing a bit of advice. about 3 days ago (just after my period) I had a pain at the top of my leg/groin area. felt like a spot. I squeezed it and it was a bit of a mess and quite alot came out for it being a spot (sorry for the graphics). I've tried to squeeze it again but now i've just given myself a big bruise, so not only is the spot worrying me but now i'm scared the bruise is something more sinister.

I constantly feel like i'm arguing in my head all the time, just want to cry now. I have read some other posts but it's just making me worse. i'm ok at the minute but I know when i go to bed i'll worry (I did last night, couldn't sleep) and it brings on my feelings of panic.

Sorry for rambling but i want to stop being scared.

Flutterby xx

baileys
16-08-10, 22:51
Its a spot, like you said, i often get them there, they can get quite big.
It will bruise if you squeeze it, leave it alone and it will heal itself.

nomorepanic
16-08-10, 22:53
Sounds like a boil to me. I get them there as well

flutterby
16-08-10, 22:55
Thank you for replying,

i've never bruised like it before, i have read on here that citalopram can make you bruise easier, which is what i'm on at the minute, i seem to be getting phantom pains in my legs, but i think it's because i'm worrying (i've had the pains before)

xx

eeyorelover
16-08-10, 22:58
Keep it clean and dry and try not to mess with it and it will go away.
I've had them too.
Also don't shave, wax whatever there until it's fully healed.
xxx
Sandy

flutterby
16-08-10, 23:13
Thank you, to be honest I don't even know the difference between a spot and a boil ( how silly, just heard some bad things about boils). does anyone think it's worth putting a dressing on it (although a slightly awkward place)

xx

nomorepanic
16-08-10, 23:22
If it is a boil then it will be raised and red and painful and when squeezed you will get white pus coming out.

Yes you could put a dressing on it if is still leaking out.

flutterby
16-08-10, 23:26
It's not painful now it's kinda popped, think it looks like it's drying up a bit but there is a little lump under the skin (i know it's probably coz i squeezed it)

I hate this HA stuff, I was doing really well until the last few months, no panic attacks or anything. I've not been on here for a while and now i'm on almost every day

xx

nomorepanic
16-08-10, 23:29
Well don't keep squeezing it ok. Let it heal.

Boils can scar too - I have a scar on my inner thigh in the groin area from a boil I had previously.

flutterby
16-08-10, 23:30
ok, thank you so much