PDA

View Full Version : Antidepressant After Effects

Sit2Know
16-08-10, 22:59
I just took an antidepressant for three days and felt so wretched the doctor told me to stop. It is now 5 days after stopping and my anxiety is way worse than before taking it. I suspect it tweaked something in my brain that has not calmed down yet....but it is really bad!!

Has anyone else had this destabilizing effect after taking a medication in low doses short term.

James

Erin27
17-08-10, 00:41
Hi James,

I haven't had the same experience as you but I know that if I don't take my meds for 2 or 3 days for whatever reason, I get much worse as its your body going through withdrawal symptoms and your anxiety can increase as a result. It sounds as if your body is just re-adjusting to having taken the meds for a very short spell and then stopping suddenly.

I'm sure in a few more days things will have settled down. Has the doctor suggested you try a different type of anti-depressant?

joannap
17-08-10, 21:21
it is quite usual to feel wretched when starting antidpressants - i felt a thousand times worse but did manage to stick with them. i am sure that you will feel better in a few days but yes - your body chemistry has been a bit messed up and will need to calm down x