PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan

blue moon
17-08-10, 01:23
Hello All.As some of you might know,my husband and I work with World Vision,and my husband is going over to Pakistan in a weeks time to help with the humanitarian aid.There are 20 million displaced people,the population of Australia without shelter,water and food.At the moment there is an outbreak of Cholera.Maybe you can find it in your hearts to give a donation to any charity group working over there at this devistating time.ThankYou
Love Petra x

KK77
17-08-10, 01:38
That's wonderful that your husband is doing this. I think we should all for a moment put our own personal worries to one side and think of the millions of people that are far worse off than us, even if we're not in a position to be able to help directly.

Thanks for posting.

suzy-sue
19-08-10, 13:09
Thats a really lovely thing to do .Without volunteers there would be even more suffering .Nature can be so cruel . Some countries havnt made any attempt to donate so far ,bloomin disgraceful ..All the very best of luck with your trip .Sue x:hugs:

Maj
19-08-10, 19:17
Oh my goodness, it is absolutely awful. We complain when it rains!! I haven't actually made a donation yet, but I definitely will. My heart breaks when I watch those people on t.v. We can't even begin to imagine what it must be like. Thank you for again reminding me to support this and how wonderful you and your husband are for really trying to make a difference.:hugs:

loveletter
19-08-10, 23:55
Sad to say have very little money to give you but I can and will pray for you every day

blue moon
26-08-10, 21:58
Thankyou those that replied.My husband flew out yesterday to Pakistan to help with the mounting number of illness affecting the country.I believe in Paying it Forward.
Love Petra x:)

loveletter
26-08-10, 23:53
I am in daily contact with a pastor of a church out there.
Things are very bad and not getting better.
I will pray that your husband is kept safe