PDA

View Full Version : Really need help !

Adam22
17-08-10, 12:02
Hello everyone,

I have been having some physical symptoms for the best part of a month and a bit.. and its starting to scare the hell out of me.

I am going to list a few that I have had and am currently experiencing..

firstly it was stomach pains and a really bad headache...which lasted a good 3 weeks and it still slightly with me ..
( had eyes checked by both the doc and opticicans - all ok.. had my ears checked by doc as well as oreintation - all normal)

the second thing is stomach and low abdominal pains.. these radiate round the hip and back area and at some points can be really painful.. these have been with me for about 4 weeks..
( doctor felt around my lower area and found so swelling or anything abnormal .. although this was about 3 weeks ago.)
stools have been lighter in colour but still reasonably solid.. i do feel the need to go quite a bit tho.. urine.. is clear .. and doesnt hurt.

had a blood test which included a full blood count which came back 'normal'

for the past week I have been experiencing chest pains that radiate from my ribs, armpit and across my left pectorial.. ! these are really worrying at the moment aswell as the lower stomach issues
(spoke to doc on phone .. says muscle related .. )

im freaking out and my lower abdominal pains are quite painful.. im at work and feel rotten..

think im catching a cold aswell, started sneezing and bunged up nose

all of its on my mind and i cant shift it

is the doc right..

Adam22
17-08-10, 12:03
hes sure its a rsult of tension and stress...

i want to believe it but these pains are real and painful..

calm
17-08-10, 12:09
hi adam....oh my love, i find it oh so annoying when the doc says that its all the anxiety/panic attacks.

but you know what...he/she is probably right...it can present itself in so many different ways.

for me my arms go numb...and my stomach hurts oh so much!

adam you will receive so much reasurrance here xxxx

take care and keep us posted, lots of love tracey xxxxx

Adam22
17-08-10, 13:22
can anyone else help.. the lower stomach feels really sore

:)

Jumpy
17-08-10, 13:30
Hi Adam

I suffer all of what you have listed and if your doc says its tension and stress then it will most likely be the case. Hes done tests and they have come back ok so try and relax a little if you can. I find I get worse the more I get stressed.

Adam22
17-08-10, 13:36
thanks for the reply mate..

its painful and i want it to go away !!

anxiety cant cause this much pain surely

:wacko:

Jumpy
17-08-10, 13:41
Hi

Adam yes it can I can tell you I have woken in the night in so much pain my temperature is sky high, I'm bent up double and feel like I'm going to pass out. I've given birth to 4 kids and that pain is nothing compared to the pains i get in stomach/chest when I'm anxious, I think the fear feeds it as I don't understand why I have the pain where as in childbirth you know what the pain is.

I hope that helps.

Adam22
17-08-10, 13:46
.. it does thankyou. :)

just feel so rough.. just wanna get back to the doctors.. i go in almost everyday... i just know they will tell me the same stuff as before.. it doesnt cure my pain

Jumpy
17-08-10, 13:55
Hi

Take care and try not to panic too much about it.

ZoJo
17-08-10, 14:02
Hi Adam,

Anxiety does the most unbelievable of things to us!
After suffering with anxiety for a good four years I have just been having the stomach pains etc, which is a new symptom for me (always have and propbably always will have the tight chest and pains!) my Doctor says mine is IBS, I couldn't believe that at 39 I could just have IBS, but my Mum first got hers when she was 53 and still gets symptoms when under stress.
Easy to say, but try and relax. My stomach felt sore when my Doctor had a look, but she assured me all was ok.
Read Dr Claire Weekes book on nervous fatigue, it was a great help for me and at times of anxiousness I go back to it.
I have also read books by Dr John Sarno, I found out about his books when I was having lower back pain. My episodes of anxiety are slowly becoming wider apart and I do feel I am able to look at my symptoms in a more rational way.
You have had tests and all are well, try and relax and if you still feel bad see your Doctor again.
Good luck, and I hope that helps a little!

Adam22
17-08-10, 14:47
thanks for the reply..

yeh it does help thankyou..

when u have pains does it hurt when u sneeze or bend down?

calm
17-08-10, 15:06
adam...so sorry...but can i ask are you taking any meds for your high anxiety? xxxxx

do you get out much.....can you go for a walk xxxx and get away from the house for a little while xxxx

its awful to have these feelings....most on here do and it is wretched - we are here for you xxxxx

ZoJo
17-08-10, 15:18
Adam

I have had pains when I move, and when I don't!!
I read that you go nearly everyday to your Doctor, have you asked them why they think its nothing to worry about? I only ask as when I am really worried about something I ask them why it isnt what I think it is....I have even told them what I think I have (Thankfully I have a brilliant Doctor) when they explain why it isnt, I feel that it makes my anxiety levels more balanced again.
The poster above has given great advice about getting out and walking, that really does help. Try and focus on something else, I'm sure when you do the pains will subside.
Take care and give yourself some TLC!

Adam22
17-08-10, 15:26
was taking diazapam for a week and then told to stop.. doc then put me on amtripline but the perscription is sat on the side at home and has been for a week.. :( i just want these pains to dissapear..its so frustrating.

yeh i go for a walk sometimes...

bad times

calm
17-08-10, 15:33
ADAM.....why have you not gone and got your perscription....i am going to give you a little slap now:whiplash:couldnt find a slap so you will have to make do with this!
you need to get yourself to the chemist and get your medication!

have you been out today...i went for a little walk around the block....and it can make a difference but of course you must not feel any pressure.

i feel for you adam...as i said many of us are going some kind of hell...but hopefully with the help on here you will find some peace...i know i am xxxxx

much love...but do try and get your medication xxxxx

Adam22
17-08-10, 15:40
will they help me tho ..i keep telling myself that i dont suffer from anxiety and it must be something else.. i just wanna walk up a & e and say 'what is wrong with me' !!

suzy-sue
17-08-10, 15:50
Adam you will find the amitriptyline will help with the pain .I was perscribed it for pain in my feet a few years back .Have you tried taking any Ibruprofen? ,they too will help with the pain .It does sound from your symptoms you have pulled or strained a muscle .Try a hot water bottle on the affected area as this will relieve the tension in the muscle .A nice relaxing hottish bath with some muscle soak will also relax you .Being Anxious makes the muscles tense and in turn makes the pain worse ..Please try to accept its Anxiety related and you will find it helps .Hope you feel better after trying some of these tips .Tried and tested by the way ..:yesyes:Sue x

calm
17-08-10, 15:51
thats the million doller question we all ask when we start taking meds...i hope...but nothing is guaranteed my love xxxxx i have been on mine a little while and hoping they will kick in.

we are with you adam...you are not alone...someone may correct me but go and get your meds....and maybe speak with your gp xxxxxx

Adam22
17-08-10, 16:04
thankyou everyone for your replies .. they are really helpful and i appreciate it .

i am going to get the medication tonight because i cant keep feeling this s*** anymore...

my lower abdomin , my left side and my chest are doing my head and an headache to top it all off..

these symptoms have last for so long..

should i just go up to a&e and tell them because im so tempted..

calm
17-08-10, 16:09
if it makes you feel better then go....get the reassurance you need xxxxx

are you under any medication for anxiety issues? maybe like so many have done here you need to discuss as well.

please let us know how you get on......and i am so pleased that you are going to get your meds xxxxxx

Adam22
17-08-10, 16:39
ive only been suffering with this for a month and a bit... the whole anxiety thing is somewhat new to me ..

so yeh .. propanalol first.. diazapan and now amitripiline

Dahlia
17-08-10, 16:42
Adam, if it makes you feel better, then go for some peace of mind. If they don't find anything wrong, you may have to accept that it is anxiety and IBS. IBS can make you feel quite unwell a lot of the time, unfortunately - there are remedies, but it is worse when you are anxious. It isn't like a bug that goes away after a few days.

Good luck

Adam22
17-08-10, 17:14
i want it to be anxiety .. lol if that makes sense.. at least then i can deal with it ..

if i had something wrong then the doc woulda sent me there surely...

thats the fight in my head... doctors know what they are doing so why am i questionning them>?

suzy-sue
17-08-10, 17:25
Thats what anx does to you .Acceptance is the key .The firststep in other words .You would have been refered to the hospital by the Dr if he had the slightest doubt it was anything else ..sue x

Adam22
17-08-10, 17:31
i'm sat here smiling because deep down i know its the truth and i have to accept it.. they are professional people .. that have seen 1000's of patients and they would know

the only prob is

my mind is telling me .. they are wrong..

KK77
17-08-10, 17:44
Yes, as Sue said, acceptance is the key. If you deny that something exists you can't deal with it. All these symptoms are just that: symptoms. The root problem is your anxiety. I've been there with HA and know how obsessive the thoughts are. But you must first accept anxiety is causing all this. Then you can get to the roots instead of picking away at the leaves.

Adam22
18-08-10, 13:10
thanks for the advice ...

i got my medication yesterday .. after a while of debating whether to..

Amitripiline 10mg ..- one or two to be taken at night..

took one about 2 hours before going to bed and felt sleepy..

woke up this morning feeling... heavy.. bit weak .. dry mouth and throat..little shakey

is this to be expected ?

Dahlia
19-08-10, 22:56
How are you getting on with the new meds, Adam? I hope you're feeling ok.

Dahlia

Adam22
19-08-10, 23:00
Hi ,

Yeh I took one last night aslo...

i woke with similar side effects as the previous night.. i guess its to be expected though .. they wont take effect straight away so I should just continue taking them as the doc said..

I have been having trouble with lower abdominal pains today tho.. when im chilled out or relax at home .. i barely notice the pains.. when i get to work the pains come back !! any ideas... I have spoken about these before.. but they just come and go..

its weird.. and scary..

Dahlia
19-08-10, 23:04
Yeah - just try to hang in there with the initial effects, they can make you feel very peculiar. The good thing is that tricyclics (which is what your med is) can slow down the bowel a bit, so it might help your diarrhoea and stomach cramps.

The lower abdominal pains sound like the IBS rearing its head again. I've had 3 days of stomach cramps, not really bad, but enough to make me feel uncomfortable. Have you tried taking the Buscopan again? That might give you some relief. I know it's hard, but try not to freak out over it - it's damn unpleasant but not sinister.

Dahlia

Adam22
19-08-10, 23:28
I stopped taking it ..I duno why :wacko: i guess they didnt really relieve it ..

its just weird... how i get the sharp pains when im at work and they are a lot more relaxed when im at home ..

thanks for the reassurance.. it really does help

:)