PDA

View Full Version : First time fainting

jay28
17-08-10, 21:19
Hey everyone been doing well and not been on for a while here goes, i went to watch a football game last Wednesday had a few pints before the game on the way back the train was packed had to stand up was really crowded i was also sweating quite a bit which is normal for me about half hour into journey i started to feel sick then my vision went dark, next thing i know i woke up on the floor, i had fainted was out for about 5 seconds i was told.

Since then i have really been worrying about this thinking there is something wrong, i cant get it out my mind keep thinking its going to happen again, also now have palpetations, feeling tired and sick sometimes throughout the day and my head feels funny like im not there if you know what i mean. My doctor is on holiday this week so going to book an appointment when he is back.

maggiejan
17-08-10, 23:05
Hi there,

Maybe you just overheated on the train and fainted or were you feeling anxious prior to the faint? 5 seconds is no time at all and the docs. will probably tell you not to worry at all.

If I were you I would not wait until the doctor gets back next week - just call your surgery and ask for a nurse or another doc. to run a check up on you just to put your mind at rest - I am sure that you will be fine and you may as well get the check up so that you can put your anxieties to bed about it.

Good Luck

Maggie Jan

Anxious_gal
17-08-10, 23:17
I think it was the drinking and the heat on the train. also because of the sweating and alcohol you may have become dehydrated.
what did you eat that day? maybe your blood sugar dropped?
I've seen people faint due to not eating breakfast!

yeah seeing your doctor will help as you can get your blood checked and your blood pressure!

Typer
18-08-10, 02:37
Best to see your doc but it does sound like the heat, standing on a crowded train etc. May have cause a drop in bp for a few seconds.

jay28
18-08-10, 08:31
Thanks for the reply, it did scare me fainting and I think it has now brought on anxiety symptoms which is why I am feeling like this, will get a docs appointment to hopefully get reassurance.

kimsmarkin
18-08-10, 09:58
Fainting is a temporary loss of consciousness is spontaneous recovery after a short period of time. The low due to lack of blood flow and decreased oxygen to the brain. The cause of fainting can be linked to a series of conditions or situations, some involving the heart, not many. The medical term for fainting is syncope.