PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else worry about left arm shooting pain?

uk23
18-08-10, 00:40
Hello,

A while a go I had this terrible pain in my left arm, it felt like someone was cutting it off, my breathing went really fast and I was really dizzy. Since them I am now really scared of any pain in my left arm.

I have pains there from time to time a long with a need to take a deep breath, however I don't really feel out of breath (not sure if that makes sense). The pain seems mostly in the shoulder down the inside of the arm to the elbow.

I know that I sleep on my left side mostly and lay on my left arm, I thought maybe the shooting and stabbing pains are from a nerve or maybe deep muscle pain or something, sometimes the shoulder hurts too.

I now worry that this is a sign of heart disease :(

I check my blood pressure and its fine, my blood sugar and thats fine as well.

I hate this health anxiety :( :( :(

I also worry because my father had a heart attack, but then I guess he is 63 and nearly 30 stone, all he eats is fatty food (I have no contact with him now).

I am only 23 and 13 stone, but I used to be 23 stone. I just obsess that maybe the doctors are wrong, that I dont have anxiety or even worse that I do but also have a heart condition.

HELP!

blueangel
18-08-10, 08:57
First of all give yourself a massive pat on the back for having lost 10 stone, as that is a fantastic achievement which can only help your general health overall. For those of us that could do with losing a couple of stone, hearing about people like yourself can help give us the kick up the bum that we need. :)

The shooting pains sound more like a trapped nerve to me. The nerves in the lower part of your arm run through quite narrow channels and can easily get constricted, particularly if the pain is occurring on the side that you sleep on.

Have you had a chat with your doctor about this? they could check it out quite easily for you.