PDA

View Full Version : some support needed today

LisaLisa
18-08-10, 10:28
Hi everyone

I have a horrible symptom that I have been getting and Im tooscared to see the dr about it becuase, for those of you who havent read my repetitive obsessive posts about having hiv and my tests being wrong,

im scared that its cuased by hiv and that the dr will say this when i tell them ......

any way the symptom is that i seem to always be dehyrating and it seems to get really bad if i eat sugar . When this happens i get this horrible sick feelings and pins and needles in my hands and feet and a feeling like i have an allergy. So i read some stuff about this and found out that when you are dehydarated your body uses histamine to get water where its needed and i also read that you need water to digest sugar and carbs....

so now im freaking out that im dehydrating for no reason and ive got hiv or maybe even worse AIDS.

Does anyone else get this at all?? It feels like having a hang over without the drink first.

Can someone help me withthis im very worried

Thanks

Lisa

xxxxx

LisaLisa
18-08-10, 13:05
Does anyone know if IBS can cause dehydration?

I get , sorry this is nasty, but large soft stools , like almost diahorea ( spelling!!) but just short of it.

Im wondering if anyone knows if this is IBS symptom? I do get the mucus stuff and pain/ bloating and GERD as well

Thanks

Lisa
xxx

LisaLisa
18-08-10, 15:21
AGGGG

I hate it when loads of folk read a post but dont answer, makes me think that I must have a really big problem that noone else has

This is happening to me more and more , does anyone think this is a sign that i have hiv and thats why noone else gets the stuff I get?

Lisa
xxx

constantworrier418
18-08-10, 15:31
Lisa - take a deep breath and try to calm down, working yourself up will just increase the worry - you won't get anywhere by working yourself up. Secondly, and I speak from experience of HIV anxiety, its sounds like you are in a cycle of having a HIV test - then a little bit of reassurance follows - then you doubt the HIV test was accurate and so the cycle goes on. I cannot guarantee you don't have HIV but if you have had tests then I would be pretty reassured that these are accurate, why wouldn't they be?

As for your symptons, I don't know what are causing these but I wouldn't be surprised if your anxiety is playing a part. If you are really worried speak to a Doctor but I would also ask for some counselling on HA as I did and I no longer worry about HIV. Feel free to pm if you need some more advice xx

charly
18-08-10, 15:41
You have to calm down Lisa, I have had the same situation, a very close shave with HIV but thankfully the test was negative. Now, is there any real possibility you could have this? sex? drugs? im not judging we just need to know. I have been in the same boat as you and you just want us to tell you it will go away but anxiety has robbed you of your logic. track back - what are the chances of you having this? the symptoms you list dont sound like HIV to me.

LisaLisa
18-08-10, 15:52
Thanks so much guys

Charly my 'thing' that makes me worry that my symptoms are that are a guy I was seeing in 2002 turn out to be a bit 'loose' shall we say and also a bit too outgoing for my likings and also while i was with him i had a peircing done in the house of a man that does tatoos and percings from home but I was drunk and dont know if he used sterile equipment, that was in 2002 as well.

I feel super horrible about both of those things even without the symptoms i have making me freak out about hiv.

A big part of me feels like i deserve to have caught it becuase he was so awfull and i was so irresponsible in both counts.

I did get CBT last year and i have spoken to my dr about see the psychologist again beucase im going nowhere fast with this. Can even begin to believe that my problem is only anxiety so I know that I need some help.

Problem is there is huge delay in getting seen where I am

Thanks so muc for your replies both of you

Lisa
xxxx

phil123321
18-08-10, 17:52
Hey,
I am posting this message because i have just been through hell worring about HIV, i was getting scared over every lump bump and cough. to top it off i got oral thrush. what scared me the most was looking at sites on the internet for possible causes of my symptons and every single one had a link to HIV. i kept going to my doctors hoping he would tell me everything was ok and its all in my head but to be honest i got myself so worked up i had given myself symptoms. after many sleepless weeks of stress hell i went to the STD centre and got tested for everything.... scary as when they tested my pee i had protein in it.... yet another link to a friggin HIV site........ anyway, today i got my result... Negitive.

look, unless your sharing needles while enjoying anal sex with strangers the chances of getting HIV is low. we all get ill and have symptoms but its how we deal with them in our own head... me, not too well. hopw this helps.

LisaLisa
19-08-10, 10:27
Hi Phill

Thanks so much for your post. Im so glad that your test turned out negative. Its horrible being afraid of this isnt it. I know exactly what you mean about everything on the net leading straight to HIV. I mention this on another post recently because its really pronounced i think. When ever im looking for anything health related on net my heart is jumping up and down becuase before long those damn letters will appear, and they always seem to stick out so bold and doom filled HIV HIV HIV HIV HIV HIV HIV AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Just reading your post about protein in wee has freaked me out becuase I have had this twice over the past 8 years although nobody has ever been too bothered about it.I dont even want to know what it means and im not going to look becuase it would probably kill me quicker that if i actually do have HIV!

The bottom line is i guess that we are actually subconsciously looking for anything related to HIV becuase we are continually telling ourselves that knowing about it is imporant for our survival .......

Your at an important step here, move forward and dont look back!!

All the best

Lisa
xxxx:hugs: