PDA

View Full Version : day 12 of upping a dose on citalopram, waking of a morning

ellie1971
18-08-10, 11:44
im on day 12 of upping a dose. the days are getting easier, but waking of a morning is still a nightmare,, still waking up anxious,, n still get a fuzzy head and dizzy on standing,,,

GlasgowGuy
18-08-10, 13:00
Think I'm at same stage as you ellie(maybe). On 10mg for about 12 days now on day 10 of 20mg of Citalopram. Morning can be a bit of a mare. Hopefully, and I've no doubt they will, things will pick up for us both in next couple of weeks big time.

ellie1971
18-08-10, 14:14
hope so its been a nightmare with side effects, n yep exactly the same stage, x

sheephead
18-08-10, 16:37
Hi
I am on day 13 of upping from 20 to 30.
I feel dizzy / lightheaded and my anxiety is sky high.
I had my first half decent day yesterday and then back to square one today which has really been a kick in the teeth.
Feeling a bit down about it today, but trying to stay positive and tell myself that it will kick in soon. But part of me is worried that it shouldn't still be causing such awful side effects 2 weeks in.

Sorry this sounds really negative - just wanted to get it off my chest. Hope you're both doing ok today.

GlasgowGuy
18-08-10, 21:36
Hi
I am on day 13 of upping from 20 to 30.
I feel dizzy / lightheaded and my anxiety is sky high.
I had my first half decent day yesterday and then back to square one today which has really been a kick in the teeth.
Feeling a bit down about it today, but trying to stay positive and tell myself that it will kick in soon. But part of me is worried that it shouldn't still be causing such awful side effects 2 weeks in.

Sorry this sounds really negative - just wanted to get it off my chest. Hope you're both doing ok today.

Not negative at all mate. Think most of us are in same boat. Is frustrating with the wait on the meds levelling out and also that some days are better than others. We'll get there.

trooper
21-08-10, 14:34
I am getting most of these too.

I guess from my perspective, I have had very high anxiety for a long time and I have often had spells of waking up in the night or indeed not getting to sleep. So waking up very tired is something I can sort of cope with, its not nice but I can bare it.

And its no worse than the hangovers I have had over the years trying to drink my way through social anxiety.

Just try to hang in there, there will always be a trade off, so far there is not a perfect solution but although the symptoms you're discussing aren't great, you have coped so far and you'll continue to cope just fine.

If they don't ever go away, there are other, newer products you can try.