PDA

View Full Version : so im new

Luci-loo
26-02-06, 04:37
thought id say hey

made the mistake of thinking i was "fixed" 2 years ago and have been sucessfully avoiding the things that make me panic however every month or so a new "thing" is added to list and im a bit overwhelmed at the moment by it all. as making a trip to the doctor is on my "things i would rather not do" list im finding it hard to ask for help

today has been bad as im starting to realise that as well as suffering from panic attacks im suffering from depression as well~ i just cant summon the energy to go out and fight the things that make panic, im at the point where i know something needs to be done but because my panic attacks returned so much worse than they were before i dont even want to fight it if it just comes back. today marks a week since i left the house.

im in a catch 22 situation my panicing is making me dperessed and the depression is stopping me from even trying to fight it.

does it ever go away for good or am i going to have to start taking meds and be on them forever

Meg
26-02-06, 10:32
Hi Shelli

Many people are in your situation and need some help
CBT help is teh one of choice but manz peopel do need some meds to help them get into a frame of mind where they can then address the other issues.

It is unlikely that you'll need meds for life but may a boost for a few months to help you stop avoiding things

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
26-02-06, 11:05
Welcome to the site :D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Alexandra
26-02-06, 11:16
Hi Shelli

Welcome to the forum.

Please try not to worry hun, there are alot of people on the forum in the same boat as yourself. You will find lots of support here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

trac67
26-02-06, 11:16
Hi Shelli,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
26-02-06, 11:53
Hi Shelli

Welcome aboard.

You may find that a short course of anti-depressants helps with the Depression so that you get some relief to try and tackle the panic and anxiety more easily.

You could try CBT as well or even just join up to the "NO PANIC" telephone recovery course to see if that gives you a bit of a boost.

Nicola

sal
26-02-06, 11:55
Hi Shelli

Welcome to the forum.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

sueiamnew
26-02-06, 14:16
Hi Shelli and welcome to the site.

Luci-loo
26-02-06, 14:55
thanks for words of encouragement feel somewhat better today so hopefully i can summon energy to go to doctors and more importantly ask for help and not ask for the pill like i did last time >.>

Karen
26-02-06, 14:57
Hi Shelli

Welcome to the forum.

You'll find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

sal
26-02-06, 22:16
Pleased you are feeling a bit better. Good on you sounds really positive. You will get lots of help here, it does get easier. Let us know how it goes.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Luci-loo
26-02-06, 23:17
as long as i can ask for help tomorrow all should be good~ when i have a bad day it feels like the world is closing in and ill never be able to lead a "normal" life again, but when i have a semi good day i forget how bad it gets sometimes and avoid the doctors because i feel fine

what do i say to my gp~ i want to get my point across but i dont want him thinking im just at it for time off work or looking for a quick fix of anti de-pressants, the last time i was treated was in greece like i said so my gp wont know any back ground i really dont like visiting the gp at all and tips on how to ask for help (sounds stupid but i find it hard) will be appricated as even as i think about it my heart is racing and my head is getting fuzzy. im just worried he wont listen and tell me to keep an eye on it and let him know if its gets worse

clickaway
26-02-06, 23:28
Hi Shelli and welcome to the forum.

Just be honest with your GP and tell him your story including the Greek bit. By visiting him you are showing that you are keen to tackle the depression and panics once and for all, so you can once agin lead a good life with less need for any sick notes!

There is nothing to be ashamed or frightened of.

Let us know how you get on.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers