PDA

View Full Version : Just had enough - what to do

mandie
18-08-10, 12:18
Hi all

The past month iv gradually got worse again. I have fear of supermarkets since i had a big panic attack in one a few years ago. Going shopping is awful for me and its happening now whenever i go anywhere shopping.

I wake up in morning and i feel liteheaded which still scares me even though iv had it on and off for years. I feel on the verge of a panic attack nearly the whole day.

I had a few good days last week where i was able to drive on the motorway and visit family. I managed the train into london and stay the day shopping and although i felt anxious i managed to cope well.

But on the whole even going around to my mums i feel spaced out and panicked and even like this in my own home.

It ruins the day because i know i should just try and ignore the feelings and carry on but i cant so i dwell on how bad im feeling and it just carries on for the whole day.

I have to go out soon and take my daughter to get her school shoes and already the fear is terrible.

I am having cbt with counselling but it just doesnt seem to be doing anything for me.

I feel spaced out and not with it. im edgy and just dont feel rite. All i want is to feel normal. Im so teary i could just cry at drop of a hat.

i hate the fact sometimes i think im feeling ok, yet i get this big panic out of nowhere! Why does this happen when you think you are feeling ok?

mandie x

Micko
18-08-10, 12:27
Are you on any medication?

emm
18-08-10, 12:40
As Clare weekes would say, sensitised nerves take a while to heal. so any little set back will feel terrible. practice your coping techniques to get you back on track. give yourself tlc and plenty of time. you will get there. x

popsy
18-08-10, 14:56
Wish i knew the answer, but always here for you :hugs:xx

Inspires
18-08-10, 15:53
Hi Mandie,

Feelings of panic are terrifying aren't they, especially when they come out of the blue? I think I'm doing okay, then suddenly anxiety tries to take control. I just try and get from moment to moment, and if I achieve more than expected, then I make sure I give myself a pat on the back!

We are all to one extent or another in the same boat, so remember you are not alone.

I'm here for you, if you need to PM me.

Take care,

Sue x. :flowers:

mandie
18-08-10, 16:03
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I would be lost without this site. I hate we are all going through this but at least we can support each other

Micko - I came off my medication 4 months ago as it just wasnt working anymore. Thought i could manage without any. I was doing well for first few months. Debating whether to go back on another medication but i get so scared of the side effects i end up panicking more

mandie x

Micko
18-08-10, 16:11
I know what you mean!

mandie
18-08-10, 16:19
its a flippin vicious circle!!!

mandie
18-08-10, 16:20
Wish i knew the answer, but always here for you :hugs:xx

back at u hunni :hugs: xx

Micko
18-08-10, 16:32
So true!

mandylou28
19-08-10, 15:33
Sorry to hear you feel like this its awful isnt it, i have similar feelings to yourself, as soon as i get out of bed in the morning i feel weak and a littke shaky or like ive run a marathon the day before, i also panic as soon as i think i have to go somewhere or see someone some days, i also need to go get new shoes for my 4 year old for the start of big school and i keep putting it off and putting it off. I just want to wake up one morning and feel like my old self again!!

mandie
20-08-10, 00:49
Sorry to hear you feel like this its awful isnt it, i have similar feelings to yourself, as soon as i get out of bed in the morning i feel weak and a littke shaky or like ive run a marathon the day before, i also panic as soon as i think i have to go somewhere or see someone some days, i also need to go get new shoes for my 4 year old for the start of big school and i keep putting it off and putting it off. I just want to wake up one morning and feel like my old self again!!

couldnt agree more x