PDA

View Full Version : struggling with memories of my bad anxiety

Chris2000
18-08-10, 13:04
Hey everyone, for the most part I'm doing pretty well despite the usual blips. However one thing I'm really struggling with is how upset and scared I made my mum with all this. I moved home for a couple of months when I was scared of everything and so low, my mum would check on me through the night and she would sit and cry with me. I just can't get over hurting her that way and what I put her through it breaks my heart and brings tears to my eyes each time I think of it. Anyone else dealt with this kind of thing?

emm
18-08-10, 14:23
What a lovely mum you have to love you so much. my family normally get cross and tell me to pull myself together. how about going to the mind website and printing some stuff off on anxiety and how carers can help to support you so she can focus on that instead. your her child she's there to support you try not to be so hard on yourself. although I know its hard cos anxiety always involves guilt. x

PanchoGoz
18-08-10, 15:09
Thats what mummies are for. Think how happy she is now when she sees you happy like you once were. The memories won't be there when you are so happy you are caught up in the moment and the past won't matter.