PDA

View Full Version : Thank heavens for this drug

Deva
18-08-10, 15:17
Just two weeks ago I was sat with my therapist in tears. My depression was so bad I thought I might tip over the edge into the kind of despair from which you don't recover :weep:. I felt out of control, so wired like my body wasn't my own, I felt scared of what was going on in my own head and where it would lead. I couldn't go out without diazepam. I couldn't sleep and although I'd started on Cip a couple of weeks before it seemed to be making me worse.

And just suddenly as if by magic the clouds lifted and I felt like me again. I can't believe it and I'm so so glad. I'm still working through the side effects but I feel like Cipralex might have saved my life.

I now feel like I can focus on getting well again and have started meditation again (something I couldn't do for months) and that in turn is helping me more. And I'm going back to work in September.

The first few days/weeks on Cip are dreadful but I've taken lots of ADs in the past and nothing has worked so quickly and had such a profound effect on me as this.

Just wanted to share this as I know others have struggled/are struggling with Cip initially, but if you can last the course the benefits can be life changing :yesyes:

Micko
18-08-10, 16:17
I'll try! but it's unbearable! surely it's not just the side-effects could it be the anxiety and the Cip initially is making it worse the worst thing is when I go to bed close my eyes but just can't go to sleep I'm drained it's wearing me out! I know only been on 5mg for a week and second day on 10mg but I'm a lot worse today than yesterday?