PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get slower heart beat instead of fast?

uk23
18-08-10, 20:47
One of the things that worries me is that when I am anxious it seems that my heart beat slows down instead of getting fast, obviously during an attack I am in no state to take my heart rate but that's how it seems, it also seems to thud a lot, like the heart beat is outside my body for a second.

I read about anxiety and panic attacks and people say that the heart rate is meant to increase, not slow down!

Anyway have any thoughts or comments?

uk23
18-08-10, 21:39
Kind of worried that no one has answered :(

nomorepanic
18-08-10, 21:45
I have no idea what my heart rate is so can't comment I am afraid.

nomorepanic
18-08-10, 21:46
I was only the second person to view this thread as well - give people time to reply.

Maj
18-08-10, 21:48
Probably because you feel pounding heartbeats then your pulse feels slow in between. I take chronic palpitations and my heartbeat seems slow in between sometimes. Always remember that the heart is such a strong muscle and can constantly change it's beat with no bad affect to you whatsoever. If you are really worried then speak to your doctor, but it sounds like anxiety, so please try not to worry:hugs:

maybeoneday
18-08-10, 22:04
hi
mine is the same, i have said this before to my doctor,, panic and anxiety symptoms are different in each person, i dont actually panic i hold my breathe, or tense my stomach then feel like im going to pass out, go hot, then i feel like running,or crying, i get a burning sensatrion in head and body, tongue goes numb!!!! anyone relate to this?

loveletter
18-08-10, 23:09
Yes I have this the same as you.
A couple of months I was in bed and thought at one stage I had actually died as thought my heart had stopped.
I tried to take my pulse but in my panic could not find it and for a moment really thought I was dead.
My heart to me seems to be way way to slow a lot of the time now and I have that thud thing as well.
I keep trying to talk myself out of not panicking as it has been happening for a couple of months now and I have had it on and off over the last 20 years and I have not collapsed or had a heart attack where I would have by now if it was not anxiety.
It does scare me but I am slowly losing the fear the longer it goes on