PDA

View Full Version : Feeling good today

Robertc160882
26-02-06, 11:58
Well this may seem silly but I have a mini success story and I feel that I want to share it with people. Well for the past week I have been on AD’s and it has been hell the side affects of the Citalopram
Have been anything but nice. I felt a little but like on cloud 9 yesterday float around with not a problem in the world. The doc said cut my dose to 10mg and see I go, well doctors aren’t always correct and though my body will get used to the 20mg so it stuck with it today.

I took my tablet today as per usual wondering what I was going to get myself in to but and if I was going to have another four hours as normal of crying. But I haven’t cried at all, all morning and I feel confident about the rest of the day. My head seems a little bit clearer and I’m able to make better decisions for myself and think Cleary. Last night was also great as I was able just to chill out and watch TV with no problems and have a nice dinner and eat it all.

The only thing I’m struggling with is the panic attacks as they still seem a little bit worse than I have before but I can deal with that as long as I feel happy. We have visitors come over today, well my partners family to see how I am and I don’t seem faced at all. If this was 4 days ago I would have though oh no what am I going to do what am I going to say what happened if a have a panic attack or start crying etc etc. I don’t think I would stuck this med out if it wasn’t through encouragement of people on here and my partner everyone has been great bar my own family.

I know I’m not 100% back to my normal self and It may take sometime but I definitely think things will get easier now. Thanks for all the support and I’m sure as days go by I will need more.

Robert [:P]:);)[Yes!]
[^]

trac67
26-02-06, 12:29
Robert,

Thats great to hear you are feeling good and so positive to day, have a really good day and most of all enjoy it.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
26-02-06, 13:04
Robert

What a difference it makes to our mood when we have a good day eh?

So pleased to read this today and I hope all goes well with the visitors.

Nicola

Sue K with 5
26-02-06, 15:06
Hi Robert

Thats so good to hear. Cipramil to start with can cause the panics to feel worse but they do subside.

I am so glad your having a good day !

Take care

Sue with 5

scknight

Alexandra
26-02-06, 17:56
Hi Robert

So glad to hear you feeling better, keep positive you can do it.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Karen
26-02-06, 19:03
Glad to hear things are improving for you Robert.

Keep going with the medication as it is early days yet. It sounds like you are doing well.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

darkangel
26-02-06, 19:26
Hi Robert

Good to hear you are feeling much better today.

It is good that you recognise that it is a success and if you have a day which doesnt go as well as today - then remember this one. Life is full of ups and downs, but continue with what you are doing and enjoy the good ones.

Take care

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Robertc160882
27-02-06, 08:00
Hi,

I thought I should provide you all with an update on how yesterday progressed, well my partners family came over and my father in law made us all breakfast. There was no snap out of it etc all the usual stuff people say to you as the don’t recognise what we suffer from is a real illness. They were all comforting and nice to me didn’t act any different and they Cleary all want me to get better as I do.

They day went in although very slowly but panic free and I never cried once all day yesterday so that felt good. It is a strange feeling because you wake and you can’t wait until bedtime so another day is over and when it gets to bed time you dread the next day. I think this will all die down in time as I start to get better. Well here I am today feeling that I’m going to have another good day even although I woke up in a very bad mood today annoyed with this illness etc.

It is very hard because my partner is getting up with the kids at 6:30 most mornings and I’m lying feeling helpless and very sick because of the ad’s. When she talks about how she is feeling I.e. run down tired and struggling to cope it breaks my heart. I guess she wants everything to go back to normal as much as I do. Well on Wednesday I plan to give her a long lye as I think she needs one, her mum is up today to sit in with me so maybe she can go to bed for a hour or two.

Well I have now managed 8 days on the ad’s although the sickness is bad I think I notice some improvement. I know these things don’t simply click in place over night but I’m more patient than I was and a week doesn’t seem that long anymore. I think that I some just gave us our pills during our sleep you would forgot about it, it is because you have to take one every morning it reminds you. I have heard that cit ad’s are meant to be bringing out a weekly pill that would help.

Well sorry for the big novel but if I’m rambling at you lot I’m not annoying my partner as I think she deserve a bit of respite from it all just now.

Robert
;)[Wow!][Yeah!][:P]